Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi everyone, i have a question regarding an error im receiving on my pearl when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

Yahoo Messenger Error

Advertisement

hi everyone, i have a question regarding an error im receiving on my pearl when using yahoo messenger.

okay first i downloaded yahoo messenger and signed onto it which was successful.

then i went onto my PC where i have msn hotmail, and added my pearl yahoo email in inorder to add the contact.

once i did that, it shows that my yahoo messenger is "offline" even though im still signed on, on my phone.

when i send a IM message to my Yahoo Messenger, i receive a SystemAdmin message stating:
    "your contact is using windows live (MSN) Messenger, and wants to add you to his or her Messenger list. TO start sharing instant messages, you'll first need to get the latest yahoo! messenger with voice at: http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php

when i go to this link on my phone, i get an error stating:
    "unsupported media type:application/octect-stream"

i believe this is due to the "voice messenging" that is tied in with this messenger they want me to download.

is there a fix to this? i would like to use this so that it does not charge me for SMS text but rather for my Data plan as i added it to my plan.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Yahoo Messenger Error

not sure why you are getting the error.
    have you tried ramble? since its free? or IM+
    they both use data and won't charge IF you have the unlimited data plan.

someone please help!?

when i tried to send a text IM to my yahoo blackberry, it said it would be in a form of an Offline Message. so when i log back onto yahoo, i would receive it.

well, i logged off for a while on my bb, and logged back on, and about 10 minutes later, i finally got the message. but why aren't i shown as online on my hotmail msn messenger on my computer? as it says im "offline" on yahoo messenger?!!!

hi, i read through the forums that IM+ costs $49.99?!? is that something else? do you have a link to this IM+ that is free?

PIN/ID
    ATA

IM+ isn't free...which is probably why it runs almost seemlessly. i have never had any problems.
    Ramble is free...you can try that.
    I personally have never used the YIM client for my Pearl because I can get all the clients into one with IM+

does ramble only support AIM?

PIN/ID
    ATA

yes i apologize. i thought that IM+ and Ramble were comparable...sorry.
    so it was working before or this is a new issue?
    i guess first, i would try a cold reboot (take battery out while phone is on, wait 30 seconds, place battery back in device and wait for it to reboot) then try sending again.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by bbpearlrox
    hi, i read through the forums that IM+ costs $49.99?!? is that something else? do you have a link to this IM+ that is free?
    7 day trial to decide if you want to spend the $ on it, plus all future upgrades are free...don't see where you can go wrong...

http://shapeservices.com/en/products...im&platform=bb

Make sure you go to the Download/Try and choose the download for the PEARL and not for 4.1 OS devices.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hi. No it hasn't worked before. I did the cold reboot and I'm still having this issue. It shows that my yahoo messenger is not on, yet it is logged on on my phone

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by bbpearlrox
    when i send a IM message to my Yahoo Messenger, i receive a SystemAdmin message stating:
    "your contact is using windows live (MSN) Messenger, and wants to add you to his or her Messenger list. TO start sharing instant messages, you'll first need to get the latest yahoo! messenger with voice at: http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php
    I get this all the time and just close it... Lemme ask you something are you using the OZ yahoo... or the one from mobile.blackberry.com? The one from mobile.blackberry.com uses data not sms so you won't get a big surprise on the bill

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't think you can be logged it to Yahoo Messenger on the same account from to devices (PC and BB) at the same time. Is this what you are trying to do?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Definitely cant be on two at the same time, I always get the message, "you have been signed on from a different location".

phantomhu no está en línea Stack level 1

I guess this is not application problem, no matter which ones you are using blackberry one/ramble/IM+ ... you will get the same message.

so.... msn or yahoo has to do something on their sides to allow pc msn to talk to bb y! , vise versa

so... now you have to live with it.

mullero no está en línea Stack level 2

hello all,

why do i get error 503 when i try to download yahoo messenger from www.mobile.blackberry.com

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If you have AT&T they won't let you have it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast