Hey, I just got my new BB and have basically used this forum to figure ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

autigers20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yahoo mess, and aol instant mess

Advertisement

Hey, I just got my new BB and have basically used this forum to figure out how to do everything. Thanks. Although, I have one question that I have not been able to find. I use aol instant messenger and yahoo messenger a lot. I was trying to find a way to sign on to them at the same time. Is this possible? If so how? Thanks in advance.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    If you have a multi IM Program like IM+ from Shape Services or Yak-On you can sign into multiple IMs from the one application. IM+ is 50 i believe, and Yak-On is 20.

If you want different applications RIM has a free app for Yahoo and there is Ramble IM for AOL.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

That is unreal that you would have to pay to use 2 of them at once. Right now I can use both of them individualy for free. I honestly cant see justifying spending 50$ to be able to use them at the same time.

Tell me more about the free program? Where do you find? You just download it off the web from your BB?

RIM's Yahoo IM
    From your BlackBerry browser go to http://mobile.blackberry.com
    Click on downloads and under Applications you should see Yahool Messenger for BlackBerry users. Follow it along and you will be able to download the Yahoo IM.

Check out the site when you have time. Lots of games and ringtones to try for free.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...load_link.html

This thread has the link for Ramble which is for AOL.
    It might be a little buggy, but it is free.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Well I dont really understand why if I already have yahoo mess on my phone....why I need to download it again....but I am trying it now.

I have all 4 programs on my phone currently, but it makes me pick 1 to sign on to.... anyways im doing as your said and dl'ing the yahoo program.

Ahhh... ok, you have the OZ program that comes with a Tmo phone. That only lets you log into one at a time. If you like that program then use it for AOL and use the RIM program for Yahoo.

The only programs that let you log into multiple IMs charge a fee to purchase them.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Now it's making sense. Thanks for the help.

No problem.

If you have unlimited text (which I hope you do if you use the OZ IM) and don't want other programs on your BlackBerry both AOL and Yahoo allow the forwarding of messages to your BlackBerry via text messages. Not as easy to see who is on or off, or to send a message first, but it works great to reply back to people.
    My Blog , My Flickr