Hi everyone, I have an 8100 on tmobile with the latest OS on BIS. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Timmy3times no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Yahoo Icon on my screen

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I have an 8100 on tmobile with the latest OS on BIS. I just deleted my old yahoo small business account and then created a new one due to a company change. I now have the Yahoo icon with an envelope behind it instead of the traditional envelope and globe logo. The change in graphics does not bother me but now it does not get a red star when a new email arrives. Is there anything I can do to get back the traditional logo that indicates new email with a fun red asterisk?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Yahoo Icon on my screen

Unfortunately no...since they changed it it doesn't get the star.

Although I thought they updated that and now had it again. Is there a reason you just don't use the General Message folder?

I'm a little anal and I like to keep my accounts separate but that will have to do. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Yeah sorry Timmy, RIM really needs to fix that.

Well at least my shrink will be happy, this will be good for at least an hour of deep therapy.

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the same problem. It happens if you have the internet data package. When I had the Blackberry email only option (the $9.99 plan on T-Mobile), each mail icon was the same - the default envelope with the little globe. And each icon would get the red star when that mailbox had new mail. As soon as I upgraded to the Total Internet package, that icon was replaced with the Yahoo icon and no longer changed when I got new email.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Yeah sorry Timmy, RIM really needs to fix that.
    Reddog, is that a RIM issue or a Yahoo issue? Since it was working fine before I got the data package, it seems Yahoo somehow pushed that icon onto my phone.

But I have noticed on RIM's tech support they admit this as a bug they're trying to fix. So it must be RIM because they've acknowledged it, but do you have any idea why this is happening?
    Last edited by NickAC; 02-07-2008 at 10:21 AM.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by NickAC View Post
    I have the same problem. It happens if you have the internet data package. When I had the Blackberry email only option (the $9.99 plan on T-Mobile), each mail icon was the same - the default envelope with the little globe. And each icon would get the red star when that mailbox had new mail. As soon as I upgraded to the Total Internet package, that icon was replaced with the Yahoo icon and no longer changed when I got new email.

Reddog, is that a RIM issue or a Yahoo issue? Since it was working fine before I got the data package, it seems Yahoo somehow pushed that icon onto my phone.

But I have noticed on RIM's tech support they admit this as a bug they're trying to fix. So it must be RIM because they've acknowledged it, but do you have any idea why this is happening?
    You know I'm not exactly sure why it's happening...maybe someone dropped the ball and didn't include the icon that has the red astrix? That's my conclusion. Yeah hopefully it will be resolved soon. I'm just glad i don't use the individual icons.

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

It's probably something like that. If they had left well enough alone, it would have been fine! Like I said, the default BB icon works like a charm without the dataplan. You get one generic BB icon for each mail setup. So it seems someone tried too hard to change to a Yahoo icon. If there was a way to change the icon back to the generic BB icon, maybe that would work? I haven't found a way to do that.