Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone tried Yahoo!Go? Any opinions? I it worth using?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ricwms no está en línea Stack level 2

Yahoo!Go

Advertisement

Anyone tried Yahoo!Go? Any opinions? I it worth using?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Yahoo!Go

I have had it for a few days now and I really like it. Great interface and information. Only negative is that it is slow. Pages take a long time to load.

Jerk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242392b9

It is a little slow but has great info. Love the traffic updates.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Slow, but cool... Glad it started working on the pearl

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Cool interface, but SLOW. Some features are hard to use and not very intuitive -- better use the web browser.

wglogan2005 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have it and its really slow. I was trying to upload pics to flicker and it only got 1 out 5 i tried this 10x and same thing. the updates for your info take way to long to load if they ever. but its a beta.

deadman dj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20537B77

I can't get it to work at the moment. it refuses to connect giving me a "configuration failed" message. i've checked the permissions in "advanced settings" and allowed everything but it still won't connect.

has anyone else had the same problem?
    virus b-23 netlabel
    [ur=http://bareforum.com]medway forum[/url]

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by deadman dj
    I can't get it to work at the moment. it refuses to connect giving me a "configuration failed" message. i've checked the permissions in "advanced settings" and allowed everything but it still won't connect.

has anyone else had the same problem?
    Yeah, same story for me too. UK problem?

svcrick no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have a 7130g(supposed to be supported) and I still can't d/l it, just tells me there are no plans to support my pda. Does anyone have an email address so I can ask what's up? Thanx.

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

I tried it last night finally (they SMS'd it was ready for the Pearl), and I also happened to install Pocket Express from Handmark at the same time, so I got to run both of them side-by-side as a newbie.

Pocket Express wins, give it a shot. My litmus test: how hard would it be to see info on the SJ Sharks (NHL) or my local movies.

Yahoo: Start the app, wait. wait some more. Find the sports icon, click it, wait some more. have to screw around trying to type "san jose" or "san francisco" in the dropdowns, let it search online, wait, pause, wait and finally it figures out I might want the sharks. Cookie that, and then view the info. What it shows me are some links and general "hey these are the sharks!" useless icons. Repeat the same pain for trying to get my local theatres cookied to bring up info.

PocketExpress: start the app, put in my zipcode when it asks. Wait a very short time (while it presents very very nice UI feedback like "connecting" "downloading update" "getting data" and so on) and I'm at the main screen. Click Sports icon, then NHL -- BOOM, it immediately knows I want the sharks because of my zipcode. click the Sharks entry and it has the immediate schedule, standings, etc. all right there -- it took me three clicks, that's it. Repeat the same experince for movies, all my theatres are right there, you can click to get reviews and (I think?) even buy tickets with a click.

So for all you Go! testers, check out Pocket Express. I tried it because it was listed in the 3rd party forum as a popular free download...

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by rivviepop
    I tried it last night finally (they SMS'd it was ready for the Pearl), and I also happened to install Pocket Express from Handmark at the same time, so I got to run both of them side-by-side as a newbie.

Pocket Express wins, give it a shot. My litmus test: how hard would it be to see info on the SJ Sharks (NHL) or my local movies.

Yahoo: Start the app, wait. wait some more. Find the sports icon, click it, wait some more. have to screw around trying to type "san jose" or "san francisco" in the dropdowns, let it search online, wait, pause, wait and finally it figures out I might want the sharks. Cookie that, and then view the info. What it shows me are some links and general "hey these are the sharks!" useless icons. Repeat the same pain for trying to get my local theatres cookied to bring up info.

PocketExpress: start the app, put in my zipcode when it asks. Wait a very short time (while it presents very very nice UI feedback like "connecting" "downloading update" "getting data" and so on) and I'm at the main screen. Click Sports icon, then NHL -- BOOM, it immediately knows I want the sharks because of my zipcode. click the Sharks entry and it has the immediate schedule, standings, etc. all right there -- it took me three clicks, that's it. Repeat the same experince for movies, all my theatres are right there, you can click to get reviews and (I think?) even buy tickets with a click.

So for all you Go! testers, check out Pocket Express. I tried it because it was listed in the 3rd party forum as a popular free download...
    Exactly... I been trying it and it seems like its not even using EDGE to download info. it took almost two mins for me to find something about the DALLAS COWBOYS in sports. Then it wasnt what i thought it would be. I thought it would download rss feeds about the Cowboys and it ended up being the links to certain web pages. When I clicked the links it take forever for them to load and render. Even mobile.yahoo. com took a long time and it error out....... oh well it is beta.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

yea i had it i got rid of it, too slow. i hate slow things. haha.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

For some reason it wasn't saving my settings. Hard to configure, and why can't I turn on suretype??

Yahoo Go = deleted.

Tylast no está en línea Stack level 2

I like having the weather, maps, search, etc all in one app. I especially like being able to check my Yahoo E-mail that is NOT pushed to me. It might be a little slow, but it is in a beta I've submitted feedback. It's not going to be perfect the first time go. Give it a chance & submit feedback...there is a link on the main page for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast