Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

With conflicting statements on their own page, guess I'll just have to wait for official ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

With conflicting statements on their own page, guess I'll just have to wait for official word from SHAPE to confirm.

squonk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the instructions Irene, but still no luck. I have also re-installed the app several times with no luck. ANy other suggestions ? P.S. I am using an 8100 pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Hello,

It is a known issue.
    Firstly please check if SD card is available, the device should correctly display the SD card. Then make sure that files and folders can be opened by other applications. The problem might be general and not directly connected with xPlayer.

If all of the above working correctly please follow the steps:
    • If the Media Card was not activated, go to device settings and activate your Media Card;
    • If the mass storage mode is ON and your device is connected to your PC, the Media Card is not available for 3rd party applications in this case;
    • Sometimes after disconnection from PC Media Card cannot be detected on the device. Please make a soft reset of your device;
    • Access might me blocked by mobile carrier IT Policy. Please contact your System Administrator to resolve the issue.
    • Please set all permissions to Allow by doing the following:
    1. Open Options/Security/Application Permissions.
    2. Select xPlayer.
    3. Select Edit Permissions from the menu.
    4. Configure the Security Permissions to "Allow" for all categories.
    5. Save the changes.
    Then please try to launch xPlayer once more.

Hope this helps,
    Irene

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    xPlayer is a free application. The registration after 7 days is also free. The misprint on our site will be corrected.

Sorry for confusion.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quick question before I upgrade: Does the new player allow you to fast forward/rewind?

javijavi, fast forward/rewind is not available in xPlayer. It is in our future road map.
    Last edited by SHAPE; 05-08-2008 at 02:30 PM.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by squonk View Post
    Thanks for the instructions Irene, but still no luck. I have also re-installed the app several times with no luck. ANy other suggestions ? P.S. I am using an 8100 pearl.
    Are you able to access files with a built-in media player?
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

fyrebug72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    This post is for the Shape reply, I can't send private messages yet You suggested I got the new release, but I have already gotten the new release. I have tried all the different converters and still no luck. The one time I did get it to work was with a 1/2 hour episode of Scrubs and I used MediaCell to convert it and it worked great, just having no luck with full length movies. Like I said before, the built in player works just fine but I like the video quality of xPlayer better. I really want to try the Radio feature but I am waiting to get this issue fixed first. Also, how do I ensure I have the proper codecs on my BB?

Hello fyrebug72,
    Be so kind as to check once more if the file you want to play is in one of the supported formats: mp3, m4a, avi, mp4, 3gp, wma, amr, mid, wav, then if you have enough space on your BlackBerry. You can also check the FAQ at http://wap.shapeservices.com/blackberry/faq/xplayer.php
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123