I installed the xplayer from X-Berrysoft a few days ago. Whenever I receive or make ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

erick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ff9086

Xplayer phone log access?

Advertisement

I installed the xplayer from X-Berrysoft a few days ago. Whenever I receive or make a call, a message is displayed asking if I want to allow xplayer to access my phone logs. Coming from a security background this immediately sounded suspicious to me so I said no. Why does a video player need to access my phone logs. Anyway, that is no good because the software crashes if I select no. I then proceeded to remove the software through the applications menu. The Xplayer appeared to be removed but I am still receiving the message asking if I want to allow xplayer to access my phone log. Of coarse I say no and it crashes. I then tried to reinstall the app and remove it. That was a no go also.

So, I open it to the floor. Do any of the Blackberry gurus have a suggestion or two? Has anyone else come across this problem? Keep in mind that I use a Mac, and do not have access to a windows box. This means no Desktop manager.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by erick; 10-22-2007 at 12:09 AM.
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Xplayer phone log access?

Dude that's a good question. I'd like to know the same, I downloaded it too. I'm commenting just so this thread will make it's way to the top of the new posts in hopes someone will see it and answer the question for both of us.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I don't know why it accesses the phone logs I have come across the same issue on many an occassion, but the reason it still continues to come up after you uninstalled is most likely because you probably didn't remove the whole program, many programs have sometimes 3 or more modules. And I if you don't use DM to uninstall you can sometimes miss a couple. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wow that's weird. Mine has never done that....... Yet

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjason
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wow that's weird. Mine has never done that....... Yet
    Usually you will only get prompts lika this when you have the firewall enabled

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

ummm am i mistaken or can no-one run windows bootcamp on their macs to use DM...does DM not install onto a window partion created by a mac?

PIN/ID
    23ff9086

Thanks for the replies. I pulled the battery once turned the phone on and it was still acting up. I then pulled the battery a second time thinking what the hell, why not and the problem magically disappeared. Keep in mind this is after I uninstalled Xplayer.

If Bootcamp and windows are installed on an Intel Mac, yes, DM can be used. I don't have a Windows partition but rather have parallels installed. It requires less disk space than a dedicated Windows partition. The DM manager acted very weird the last time I tried to use it in Parallels.
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!

penk no está en línea Stack level 3
    i'm not certain, but it may have to do with the app's need to suspend when an incoming call initiates. if i recall correctly, dollar5's media player required the same access for it to function.

PIN/ID
    23ff9086

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply.