Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok...for about 3 months now i been on the market for a newer blackberry. i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Wut Would You Do?

Advertisement

ok...for about 3 months now i been on the market for a newer blackberry. i been looking at the 8110 and i want to get that one sooo bad...until i saw that the THUNDER would be coming out soon. problem is, i have AT&T and the THUNDER is only coming out for VERIZON. should i make the switch to verizon just for the thunder? or wait it out and see if AT&T will get it? i love my rollover minutes...i think its the best. AT&T has great coverage and i know more ppl on AT&T than VERIZON. idk how the plans are or will be for the THUNDER. im looking for unlimited data and unlimited text. at least 1000 minutes, and free nites n weekends. hopefully i could get all that for about 110 or 120. do you guys think i should make the switch, wait to see if the thunder comes out for AT&T or stick with my original plan of getting the 8110?

and if i do make the switch, will i be able to transfer all my apps to it?

*haven't been able to get the 8110 becuz...long trip...car didn't make it back -wasn't a trooper!lol
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 09-19-2008 at 08:59 AM.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i wouldn't wait till at&t gets the thunder. you can get what you're wanting with verizon for 110 to 120.
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...d=52&catId=934
    personally i think you should switch to verizon and bag a thunder.but,but that is just me
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    I NEVER get new devices on the first run... that is usually my guiding ideal.

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    Finally my Sprint contract will be up in November, and I AM switching to Verizon for the Thunder (now called 'Storm'), and the 200% better service that VZW provides over Sprint.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Does anyone know when it will be out n for how much?
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 09-19-2008 at 01:11 PM.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I for one agree with Tre Lawrence... do not be the first one to try out a new device (or upgrade/update, or beta...). So no, I don't know -- because I will only be interested when I read someone else's favorable review.

PIN/ID
    ask
    That's true...I don't wanna be the first one with a busted device. But it is a BB. And when was the last time BB had anything busted? Idk...but when it does come out, I'm gonna be looking into it n read as much reviews as possible.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by qc_metal View Post
    Finally my Sprint contract will be up in November, and I AM switching to Verizon for the Thunder (now called 'Storm'), and the 200% better service that VZW provides over Sprint.

qc i dunno how familiar u r with networks asno who covers what butttt according to plans verizon is the most expensive over all.. now coverage, buth sprint and verizon use the same towers so how u come up with better coverage is beyond me.. i worked for both companies and i own both companies fones.. its quite funny how where 1 service loses bar like NH verizon 0 bar sprint full... in mass sprint 0 bar verizon full bar.. they share the areas and have the same coverage.. plus are higher priced and n+w starts at 9... yukkkkk anywho i hear ya its how u feel and hey maybe the verizon coverage works better for where you travel that i can totally agree with....
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    That's true...I don't wanna be the first one with a busted device. But it is a BB. And when was the last time BB had anything busted? Idk...but when it does come out, I'm gonna be looking into it n read as much reviews as possible.

keep in mind that RIM does make gr8 devices its just what will verizon do to the device when its in its grasp.. how many functions will it lock, how many rfeatures will they take away.. those are what makes or breaks the device its usually not rim in general..
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    man i would wait. supposedly at&t is suppose to get the blackberry bold before everybody else. and that is one nice phone. but yeah ive been thinking about switching just for a different phone. but i rather stick it out till something comes up or wait for an upgrade.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    man i would wait. supposedly at&t is suppose to get the blackberry bold before everybody else. and that is one nice phone. but yeah ive been thinking about switching just for a different phone. but i rather stick it out till something comes up or wait for an upgrade.

i love AT&T...for me, its perfect all the way...but i just dont like the BOLD it looks like a big a$$ calculator!!

the thunder looks nice n sleek..and altho its big like the bold, its easier on the eyes. after hearing all you guys out...i think i'll just wait n see if anyone else gets the thunder...hear wut they say and make my decision then. hopefully in the near future AT&T will come out with the thunder as well, then i wont have to switch.

thanx guys!

if the reviews are in favor to the thunder .... sorry for AT&T, but im gonna jump ship!

PIN/ID
    wut?
    the storm is about the same size as a curve...so it's not too big

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Personally, I think you should wait. While the Thunder is going to be great, having a great phone AND roll over minutes, can't be beat. I have AT&T and it would kill me to loose the 7000 roll over minutes I have.

Good luck with whatever you decide though.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    Personally, I think you should wait. While the Thunder is going to be great, having a great phone AND roll over minutes, can't be beat. I have AT&T and it would kill me to loose the 7000 roll over minutes I have.

Good luck with whatever you decide though.

thats why this decision is so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol. i got about half of that and its so hard to let go

PIN/ID
    wut?
    how many of your contacts are on verizon? most of mine are and since the verizon to verizon calls are free i don't ever use up my plan minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast