Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My battery is down to 3 bars now. This is the second day in a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

WTF is going on with my battery?

Advertisement

My battery is down to 3 bars now. This is the second day in a row that about this time I only have 3 or 2 bars left. I used to be at half and now this. I dont take my phone off the charger til 930 every day. I have it turn auto off at 4am and turn back on at 7am. Its in a seidio case with sleeper function all day long. Bluetooth is on all day. I spend maybe an hour on the phone tops. Read/sent about 100 texts/emails. Thats all a typical day.

Why is it all of a sudden not holding a long charge anymore? Its not even been 12 hours?

Alex

osutuffy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Bluetooth wears down my battery life on every phone I have had. A battery that used to last a day or two would only last 4-8 hours if bluetooth was on all day.
    I am not sure with the blackberry, I am getting mine tomorrow, but I usually leave my bluetooth off on the ohone and headset and when phone rings I turn the headset on and it automatically turns the bluetooth on phone. Doesn't answer immediately, but only takes about the time for phone to ring once or twice.

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a
    I was goign thru the same thing and got a new charger, works fine. I just find myself getting a new charger every 3 months.

The tips wear out ... or they get loose... I can't explain it, but I promise you if you get a new charger, you will see it charge up again. I will note that the car chargers go faster than the one in the house.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I know for a fact that bluetooth being on all day can have a dramatic impact on your handsets battery life.

Also the usage of your bb can determine how quickly it depletes. I would say gauge your battery performance when the bluetooth isn't on, and maybe your usage is lower.

osutuffy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Beware of using the car charger too much. BF's ols phone wouldn't hold a charge for more than 2 hours on standby when it used to go 3 days, when we went in to the store the guy there asked him if he uses the car charger a lot. He does, and guy said that the rapid charge from the car charger burns the battery out quick.

Ive had my Pearl for about 3 weeks now and I use it the same every day. Minimal voice, mostly reading emails and sending texts. Bluetooth is on from wake up to sleep. Only up until two days ago I was putting it on the charger with the battery half full at the end of the day. But the last two days its been the same 2-3 bars left. Nothing different. Charger works fine so its not that. Cant figure it out.

Alex

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Let's see Battery indicator full = 5 Bars, 3/5 = 0.6 2/5 = 0.4 2-3 Bars = 0.4 - 0.6 which ~ 0.5 Sounds like about half to me. Better yet, when you think it's low Go to Options/Status and see what the actual Reading is in Battery is.

There are many things that will impact Battery life, including being connected to a weak tower signal, which turns up the Radio Power level to keep the connection.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Let's see Battery indicator full = 5 Bars, 3/5 = 0.6 2/5 = 0.4 2-3 Bars = 0.4 - 0.6 which ~ 0.5 Sounds like about half to me. Better yet, when you think it's low Go to Options/Status and see what the actual Reading is in Battery is.
    On the sunday funnies theme the battery indicator is 10 bars long so unfortunately your reading isnt as accurate. When Im saying my battery is down to half, I mean 5 bars left out of 10. When its reading 2-3 bars left the actual battery reading is 35%. So, Im apparently losing 15% more in the past 2 days due to something unexplainable.

Alex

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Thanks for the update, Sorry about not knowing about the Sunday Funnies Theme Bar. That's the first theme I've heard of that has more that 5 Bars. Have you had any network connection problems recently?

Just trying to help.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Thanks for the update, Sorry about not knowing about the Sunday Funnies Theme Bar. That's the first theme I've heard of that has more that 5 Bars. Have you had any network connection problems recently?

Just trying to help.
    Rcbjr.
    I wasnt trying to attack, hope you didnt read it that way. I have noticed recently my phone has been losing service "searching" and then after about a minute showing 2 bars and being happy. Just does it randomly with not warning. Hoping the new SW update will help this.

Alex

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just one question. I am hopefully getting my Pearl in December. Is there an extended battery out for it yet? I plan on using my BB for email, text, PIN, data, web, messaging, games, and use a new BT Headset for maybe 1 call a day if that (going to get My Faves with T-Mobile but I don't talk on the phone much either).

I also had the frequent "searching" problem on my other 7105. It's a network issue, not software.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I didn't take it that way, I was just thanking you for giving me information that I wasn't aware of. And that "Searching for the Network" will really run down the Battery. If you have a strong connection with a tower the BB, like most later cellphones will crank down the power on the Radio Output to save Battery Capacity. As the Received strength from the tower drops, the BB will crank up the power appropriately to keep the connection. If it loses the connection totally, it will start trying more often at the Highest power setting, therefore really eating up your Battery Capacity even more.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    I have noticed recently my phone has been losing service "searching" and then after about a minute showing 2 bars and being happy. Just does it randomly with not warning. Hoping the new SW update will help this.

Alex
    That is why your battery goes so fast... Mine goes within 10 hours cause I have Nexthell and they are horrible... But there is no way in hell I can go a full day without charging it. Mind you I barely use the freaking thing at work.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    "Nexthell???"

Good one Stace!!!

*Update

Since doing the SW update my battery life has been consistantly much better. Not even as close to the halfway mark as prior or the 2-3 bar mark as of recent days. Happy now though still waiting for the new battery cover to come in.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast