Hi guys, I wonder if Pearl's incoming ring tone can be silent without rejecting the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Question WTA: Pearl Phone Feature

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I wonder if Pearl's incoming ring tone can be silent without rejecting the incoming call (and without changing the profile to silent, vibrate, etc). In addition, why if I try to click the compose icon, sometimes it was not working properly. Instead of composing email or text msg, the menu ask for number should the phone make a phone call. Anyway, my OS is 4.2.0.73.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
    - tom -

r2d2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ED8B14

Re: WTA: Pearl Phone Feature

You can upload an mp3 that plays nothing and set it to specific people in your address book. I don't really know how to do it, but I saw someone else post this as a response to another forum.. sorry I don't have the link.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I have a silent mp3. if you want it...I can send it email or mms or whatever

rsaki124 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242a81f4

Thumbs up Re: WTA: Pearl Phone Feature

If its for a apecific person(number) than all you have to is go to the Contact in your phonebook and press menu then go to edit and press menu again and change the custom tune to MUTE.....
    rSaKi124

PIN/ID
    ASK

Thanks guys, but I don't need the silent MP3. I wanna have this feature because I often get into important conversation with someone (not through the phone). And I don't want the ringtone bother our conversation. So, I just need to turn off the ring tone occasionally.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

Ah, you want to "silence" the call when it comes in.
    Use the Mute button on the top (which I can press while it is in my pocket through the pants, since my pearl is naked)

If you set the profile to vibrate 2 times before it rings you will have enough warning to hit the mute and stop it. The side buttons stop it too, but only for a moment, then it rings again. You may be able to set one or both of the convenience buttons to "mute", I am not sure, but the top one works.

If you want to turn off sound before any calls come in, then set to the silent profile.

PIN/ID
    ASK

Smile Re: WTA: Pearl Phone Feature

Thanks teleberry, that's exactly what I need. I tried the side button previously, but as you said, it just temporary. Thanks a lot