Hi, I installed a password in my blackberry 8100 that locked up all the data ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

flo^87 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question wrong password pls help!!

Advertisement

Hi,

I installed a password in my blackberry 8100 that locked up all the data inside. Then, just now i entered the password, but it didn't go through. It said that i've entered the wrong passwords.
    Then it started to delete all my information.
    What should i do to cancel this???

Thanks a lot.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Re: wrong password pls help!!

You cant *cancel it. The only way to recover from the wipe is to do a Restore, only IF you backed up you phone via Desktop Manager.

So i have to wait for it finish deleting all my info and then restores everything? i only have backed up for the pictures and music in my laptop. Will it delete everything? even my phone book and messages?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by flo^87 View Post
    So i have to wait for it finish deleting all my info and then restores everything? i only have backed up for the pictures and music in my laptop. Will it delete everything? even my phone book and messages?
    Sorry, but yes. It will delete ALL user associated data and return the device to it's original Factory load. It won't delete third party applications, but any data associated with them will also be gone.

Sorry.

p.s. If you had Encryption enabled, be prepared for a very, VERY LONG WAIT! Like many hours!!! Do NOT pull the battery - that will just piss it off and start the process all over again!
    JerryD

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    Sorry, but yes. It will delete ALL user associated data and return the device to it's original Factory load. It won't delete third party applications, but any data associated with them will also be gone.

Sorry.

p.s. If you had Encryption enabled, be prepared for a very, VERY LONG WAIT! Like many hours!!! Do NOT pull the battery - that will just piss it off and start the process all over again!

Thanks. Most likely i enabled the encryption since it took so long to delete all.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by flo^87 View Post
    Thanks. Most likely i enabled the encryption since it took so long to delete all.
    If it took less than an hour, you didn't have Encryptions enabled - it just FEELS like it takes forever. I know, I support BlackBerries and have to wipe them all the time. You should see how long the 8300 series takes!!
    JerryD

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    If it took less than an hour, you didn't have Encryptions enabled - it just FEELS like it takes forever. I know, I support BlackBerries and have to wipe them all the time. You should see how long the 8300 series takes!!
    It's 53:10 on my display now.
    Thanks for your help.