Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a repost (i cluttered my other thread by replying to it alot) My ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bonelafide no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

worried about my phone! anyone know whats wrong?

Advertisement

This is a repost (i cluttered my other thread by replying to it alot)

My phone is acting really weird. (right now its working perfectly fine)

Last Night:
    my Blackberry fell out my case, i picked it up and it was perfectly fine. (no scratches or anything!)
    About 3 hours later i pulled it out the case to make a phone call and the screen was a BLANK WHITE!
    i could hear the dialing sound when i would press a number, but i couldnt see anything. When ever i tried to turn it off by holding the "end call" button, it would do nothing.
    So i pulled the battery for 30 seconds. i did that about 3-4 times and finally it started up normal.

Today:

Im driving home, and my mom calls me, her number and picture shows up for like 3 seconds and right when i clicked "answer" the screen turned white again, but i was still able to talk to her. I got home, and had to call my house because i was locked out.. i was able to call the house with the white screen!

So i called AT&T and they kept turning me over to different people, Customer Service, Their Tech support, their Blackberry People, and then Warrenty, and no one was able to help. so i just did the same thing i did last night and pulled the battery for 30 seconds about 3-4 times and it loaded up normaly.

Anyone know why its doing this and what i can do to prevent it from happening again? I dont have warrenty becauase they said since it fell they cant cover that and its registered to a friend and someone else (that was weird). so bascily they were trying to make me buy a new one from them or BB and then get a new warrenty.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: worried about my phone! anyone know whats wrong?

Try doing a wipe or reloading the os. That might help, especially if it seems to work fine after a battery pull!
    /~*brooke

PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

like a Factory wipe?

it doesnt work right away after the battery pull. Its like rolling a dice with the battery pull.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Just reinstall your OS without doing a wipe first. App Loader will wipe the device as part of the process anyway. What OS version are you running?

If the reinstall doesn't work, then a wipe with jl_cmdr might be the next thing to try.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

im running OS 4.2.1.96

Right now its working fine, but im just scared it might happen again.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

just cuz there's no scratches on the outside, doesn't mean there's no damage on the inside. i'm not saying it's busted, i'm just saying you gotta consider the possibility.

PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

Quote Originally Posted by shmengie
    just cuz there's no scratches on the outside, doesn't mean there's no damage on the inside. i'm not saying it's busted, i'm just saying you gotta consider the possibility.
    true ya... but cant blackberry still issue me a new one since its only like 2 months old? It was purchased in May of 2007 and wanst activated until June 9th (thats when i got it)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ The warranty has to be in your name and never tell them you dropped it. Warranty doesn't cover misuse by the user.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Most likely what you may have done is shifted the LCD when it hit. It may shifted just slightly causing the connecter to jostle randomly which causes the display to lose it's connection to the data stream. I did this on my 8700 a couple of times only I caused the LED's to stop working instead of the entire display. The Pearl is probably wired differently and has the data stream more towards the outside edges so they may be the first to go when it shifts. Taking it to a repair shop that knows how to work on a cell phone if you don't trust yourself with taking it apart may solve your issue. If that is the problem then all it should need is to be realigned with the connector/ribbon cable. If that doesn't solve it you may have a component problem which may require replacing your unit. I would do a backup no matter what asap.

Zo

PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

k thanks, im downloading Desktop manager SP2 right now on my pc. ill back it up as soon as thats done.

And if it happens again, ima just contact blackberry. My friend called cingular and told them the issue on how i bought the phone from him and its acting up, and they said that blackberry will be the one to do the exchange, i just have to tell them that i bought the pearl used from someone and that its only 2 months old. and they should work things out.

PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

anyone know the number to blackberrys customer service?

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~why doesn't your friend just call for you and have them send him the phone and you send it back

PIN/ID
    23FFECE7

blackberry said that it might be an OS problem, because when i pull the battery it would start to work sometimes, and then it would get messed up. So they told me to call Cingular again and try and get a tech support on it.

but do you guys think i can just up my OS on my own?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

This happened with my 8700. I had dropped it a couple times, but it seemed fine. But the white screen issue started. It only gets worse, more and more frequent. OS upgrades didn't work, battery pulls just fixed it for a minute or two. I had to get a replacement unit. If you have a warranty, take advantage of it.

It look to be more than a rare problem and crosses several different models, 8100, 8700 and 7100. I hope RIM is working on this issue. Haven't had any issues with the Curve or heard of any with the 8800 yet.

reese no está en línea Stack level 1

It sounds wierd but try reloading the service books. my phone was all out of whack when I first got it. I then redownloaded all the service books and it was fine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast