I work for Alltel and we just had a sales ralley and we had 3 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

Word from RIM

Advertisement

I work for Alltel and we just had a sales ralley and we had 3 RIM reps in house.

After listening to there presentation on the phones, we had them cornered and able to ask them a few questions about the pearl 8130 mem leak issue.

There statment. " The phone is designed to dump un needed and un important data. The following can be dumped with out consent, call log, text message and media stored on the phone's internal memory." This is not a problem or a bug the phone is set this way to improve performance and keep the integrity of the memory at the top of its game.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    They didn't answer the memory leak question though. They did confirm what I already guessed based off experience with the units in general.

Zo

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's frustrating if you never knew about it and found out the hard way by having things disappear.

But it's not a problem if you get rid of unneeded and unwanted files and programs then just do a minutes worth of routine maintainence once or twice a week depending on how much 3rd party stuff you have on your BB.

I've quickly become used to it, it's a very small part of my routine to clean things up........I still love my 8130

Did you have a chance to corner them about when the MMS would be working by any chance?????
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    in a sense they did answer the memory leak issue just, their basically saying that its not a problem but a routine cleaning of the BB done w/o our consent
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    They didn't answer the memory leak question though. They did confirm what I already guessed based off experience with the units in general.

Zo
    RedCurv07

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    Props on the info bro. Is there memory leaking on the other blackberrys too?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    The memory leak issue is kind of like what I've noticed on vista machines. The memory space disappears. I've found out that there are things that you can't control. And it appears that this is one of them. So, do your battery pull before you get into the shower. And it could soon be resolved. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~