Under the security options > General Settings, I have enabled a password for the keyboard ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ang31a no está en línea Stack level 1

Won't Stop Locking Upon Holstering

Advertisement

Under the security options > General Settings, I have enabled a password for the keyboard lock. I have set the "Lock handheld upon holstering" option to "No." However, it still automatically locks my BB!! I can't make it stop! Has this happened to anyone? I tried to turn it off and take out the battery and put it back in and it still doesn't work.

I used to have it set to Lock handheld upon holstering, but now I want to change it back to NOT locking automatically... but it still won't work when I change the setting to "no."

Please help!

Thanks,

Angela

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Won't Stop Locking Upon Holstering

Have you restarted after changing the setting?
    Are you on BES? aka a work BlackBerry?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've had this happen, plug your phone into your computer and then go to your desktop manager and do a backup and restore, but after you back your BB up wipe the handheld and then restore it, you'll be as good as new

both won't work. help!!!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Are you on BES? aka a work BlackBerry?
    You may have an IT Policy that enforces this, but then you should not be able to select no.

No, it is not a work BB. It's my personal one. It started ever since I set it up to Lock upon holstering. After that, I can't get it to go back to the way it was before unless i complete turn off the password.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Well think about it. If you have a password set, it kinda makes sense to have the handheld prompt for the password when you security timeout or holster the device. If you have a password on your device, they probably figured why not make it lock when you holster the phone? What it you drop it from the holster in the street, someone just finds your BB and starts going through your stuff??? What good did that password do you? Just me trying to find the reasoning they attached the lock when holstered to the password prompt.

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    Well think about it. If you have a password set, it kinda makes sense to have the handheld prompt for the password when you security timeout or holster the device. If you have a password on your device, they probably figured why not make it lock when you holster the phone? What it you drop it from the holster in the street, someone just finds your BB and starts going through your stuff??? What good did that password do you? Just me trying to find the reasoning they attached the lock when holstered to the password prompt.
    Because sometimes I am at home or at work all day and I leave it on the desk. I don't want to keep having to type in my password all the time just to check text messages every so often, etc.