Sorry I don't want to annoy any one but this is really p***ing me off ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

liam.davey no está en línea Stack level 1

Won't recognise my addresses

Advertisement

Sorry I don't want to annoy any one but this is really p***ing me off now! I realised I posted in the wrong area, so thanks to those who have tried to help, I think I'm nearly there...

copied all sim contacts to phone

but phone still will not recognise the contacts, proved when you do a find and nothing that makes sense comes up. i.e. press "a" and get contacts beginning with "s"?????

ahhhhhhhhh...
    Last edited by liam.davey; 03-06-2007 at 02:08 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Won't recognise my addresses

Did you check to see if there are any filters, or groups that are not shown?

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by liam.davey
    Sorry I don't want to annoy any one but this is really p***ing me off now! I realised I posted in the wrong area, so thanks to those who have tried to help, I think I'm nearly there...

copied all sim contacts to phone

but phone still will not recognise the contacts, proved when you do a find and nothing that makes sense comes up. i.e. press "a" and get contacts beginning with "s"?????

ahhhhhhhhh...
    "a" and "s" are on the same key. You need to type more than the first letter to refine the search. Suretype will make guesses as to what you're looking for.
    HTH

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

yep this is a suretype thing , remember if suretype is on it will try to spell what you are writing , so lets say you have a contact called smith , type in smi and it will give you all the smiths , hope this is a little clearer

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

when you're new to suretype it sure can be frustrating sometimes. Once you get the hang of it you'll be pleased. At least I was! Good luck to you.