Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't think you're gonna get stereo sound from the 8100. Don't throw away your ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Withdrawing Recommendation Of 8100 As A Multi-Media Device

Advertisement

I don't think you're gonna get stereo sound from the 8100. Don't throw away your Ipod!!

I haven't used a headset with the mp3 player--only the speaker. The sound is muffled because the speaker is covered. There's no opening over the speaker, which is odd. The sound is better when you remove the battery door, which we shouldn't have to do, but it still isn't great quality. The Treo and MDA have better sound quality as far as the MP3s are concerned IMHO.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by jglasel
    I cannot get stereo sound even with the BB embedded sample video file. Only one channel (right side) works. Same with mp3 files. My question is whether this is a mechanical problem having to do with the stereo jack receptacle on my particular handset or a problem that everybody has and that can be solved with a BB software update.
    I have tried using an stereo jack adapter to and plugging in regular headphones. That did not work.

I think one needs a special adapter specifically for cell phones and MP3 all in one plug, for this to work.

Otherwise, buy a headset that is made for the 8100.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyslix
    I don't think you're gonna get stereo sound from the 8100. Don't throw away your Ipod!!

I haven't used a headset with the mp3 player--only the speaker. The sound is muffled because the speaker is covered. There's no opening over the speaker, which is odd. The sound is better when you remove the battery door, which we shouldn't have to do, but it still isn't great quality. The Treo and MDA have better sound quality as far as the MP3s are concerned IMHO.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I assume you mean from the handset itself, that there is no stereo sound. I hope you did not mean that with a proper headset that the 8100 still does NOT play stereo.

As to the handset, I am not aware of any cell phone that plays in stereo from the tiny little speaker on the phone.

Are you reviewing and criticizing the 8100 because the phone itself only plays in mono out of the dime-sized speaker on the phone?
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 09-27-2006 at 06:17 PM.

MagicFeather no está en línea Stack level 2

Get a headset (like a plantronics or jabra or the blackberry one) and you'll have stereo, no problem. Mine works great. Goodbye Ipod.

BigDread no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204D4C4B

as a berry nube i thank you guys for this thread i appreciate your honesty and i was gonna return mine because of the "pocket no ring issue" but im gonna give the pearl a chance i think the updates can fix the bugs and I really love this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDread
    as a berry nube i thank you guys for this thread i appreciate your honesty and i was gonna return mine because of the "pocket no ring issue" but im gonna give the pearl a chance i think the updates can fix the bugs and I really love this phone.
    The "in the pocket-missed calls" is an issue which I am sure will be easily fixed with a patch that allows one to press a key to disable the trackball before one puts the 8100 in the pocket.

Seems easy enough to put in that feature.

For now, I am simply using a case that attaches to my belt.

DCalvert no está en línea Stack level 1

ok so, i just joined Pinstack, this is my first post, im so glad i stumbled onto this site, i got my 8100 3 days before it was realesed to the public, thanks to my first that works for tmobile. i told him i broke my first phone, and that its a choice of getting an ipod or new phone...i could only afford one...he was like "Boy do i have THE phone for you". i was originally very excitted about my BB, now im trying to keep myself from chuckin it at the wall. i was looking all over the net trying to find a program that would convert video files so i could play them...then i downloaed that Super C program, and low and behold it worked...only to have the video finally play and receive the error that everyone seems to be having. and since my friend works at tmobile...ive exchanged THREE 8100's in a month!!! thinking that they were faulty only to find out that its just an error that most people are experiencing. but thanks for the support, ill be keeping my eyes peeled for updates and patches.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

What error are you having? Is it when you are playing the video on your pearl?

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm pretty sure I have read that there is an update(or patch or something) that solves this problem available for download from the Rogers website. Unfortunetly, I don't have the link to their site, but I am sure you could find it on this site or at least from a Google search. Good luck.
    P.S. If you ever decide to throw the Pearl gainst the wall, stop, take a deep breath, call me and you can send it to me instead. I woyldnt want you to hurt your arm.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4
    Welcome to pinstack. Hopefully, if you've done the Rogers Wireless or O2 operating system software that it'll help as well. It has fixed some of the other bugs.

Welcome to pinstack.

Quote Originally Posted by DCalvert
    only to have the video finally play and receive the error that everyone seems to be having. and since my friend works at tmobile...ive exchanged THREE 8100's in a month!!! thinking that they were faulty only to find out that its just an error that most people are experiencing. but thanks for the support, ill be keeping my eyes peeled for updates and patches.
    Well this is weird, how did you find this thread? It was started about two days after the phone went on sale. Since then there have been lots of posts on converting video.

Look at my thread and download the samples I posted.

I'm surprised you found this old thread and not the others that are more recent.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...recommend.html
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-21-2006 at 09:42 AM.

ghettokool no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having so much problem downloanding MP3 music file on my Blackberry Pearl, its keep on saying that i don't have enough memory for the file or the file is too big, i have 19mb and i CAN'T seem to upload MP3 music file that are more the 3kb..........CAN SOME ONE SHOW ME HOW I CAN UPLOAD FILE THAT ARE BIGGER THAN 3KB INTO MY PHONE
    PLEASE EMAIL ANSWER TO GHETTOKOOL@GMAIL.COM OR POST IT ON HERE. THANKS!!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

You can not do that There is a file size limit of putting a file on device memory through Dm media manager... you need to buy a Micro SD card.

ghettokool no está en línea Stack level 1

can you send me the link where i can download the converter for MPEG4 or H263 video, AMR or AAC audio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123