I'm looking for a cheap wired boom type headset (like the jabra's) for my 8130. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3

Wired headset

Advertisement

I'm looking for a cheap wired boom type headset (like the jabra's) for my 8130.
    I have one with a 2.5mm plug that I used for my old phone. I bought a 2.5mm - 3.5mm adapter at Radio Shack, but it doesn't seem to work.

I looked at the pinstack store but apparently the wired boom mics aren't compatible with the 8130 for some reason?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    http://www.seidioonline.com makes the only proper 2.5 mm - 3.5 mm adapters. They are 4-wire ones (left audio, right audio, microphone, and common). As you already found out Radio Shack's 3-wire adapters don't work.

jr!
    but why would I need left AND right audio for a headset that only has 1 speaker?

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jr! View Post
    but why would I need left AND right audio for a headset that only has 1 speaker?
    the radio shack adapter allows you to also use 2.5 stereo headsets thats why it has 4 wires.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you need left and right because of the positioning of the connectors on the plug. This allows the microphone to connect properly.

jr!
    Hmm. the Seido one comes to $20+ with the cheapest shipping option.
    Never mind then I can get a refurbished bluetooth headset for that price, although I don't want bluetooth.