Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have had a Pearl for almost 2 years, but I am always intrigued by ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Will RIM release a new Pearl?

Advertisement

I have had a Pearl for almost 2 years, but I am always intrigued by the new devices coming out.I played with a Bold at the AT&T store the other day. The updates are nice, but I prefer my Pearl 8110 for the small form factor alone. I also like the non-grainy, smooth, tight trackball on the Bold. Now if RIM came out with a new Pearl with the Bold OS software, new browser interface, high resolution screen, etc, I would be all over it. What are the odds of this happening?

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Only new pearl I know of so far is the pearl flip which has the Bold os. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i would guess that the pearl is not going away.i'm new in the BB world but i think the pearl got a huge number of new users for that one reason,small form factor. the flip is trying to get the clam users and i would bet there will be newer pearls on the horizon.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    I am willing to bet there will be more pearls too. Blackberry is trying to get as many users as they can. Getting rid of one of the most used phones and replacing it with a clamshell or bigger phone like the bold will make people change back to something other than a blackberry.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    I'm sort of in the same boat as the OP. I've had my pearl for over 2 years. There's nothing wrong with my 8100, but who doesn't like a new toy every now and then? If I were to upgrade I would definitely want it to be something substantial. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    It's a rumor but a possibility. I posted about it on my site, originally talked about on BGR. There is a screenshot too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

macmood no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    In my honest opinion, for some reason I feel like the new Pearl will remain a flip phone becoming the standard average flip phone for everybody but ofcourse with every BB option on there and more. It seems to me that they are trying to push all the older Pearl users to phones such as the Bold, Curve, 8820, etc, more towards their QWERTY devices. Its as though the Blackberry Flip was created to introduce people to the Blackberry as an entry level device. No offense to anyone who is currently using the flip. I have no problem and would like to purchase an unlocked one myself to play around with
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

djrichey80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a 8100 and this is my first blackberry btw..The reason i went with the 8100 is the small form factor.. I have broken to many flip phones to get another soooooo hopefully they will make another non flip pearl

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The 8100 and it's derivatives, the 8110, 8120 etc have been a huge hit for RIM, I would expect a new updated version in the not too distant future. I'm eagerly awaiting one, as (unofficially) it's my understanding it will be 3 mm wider, thereby allowing for a slightly larger SureType keyboard, which would suit me well.

I heard rumors of a 3G Pearl. Now that would be nice

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    I heard rumors of a 3G Pearl. Now that would be nice
    Can you say probably? Can you say for sure? I can...

I know a guy who works for AT&T. He tests devices. I can almost say for sure

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Can you say probably? Can you say for sure? I can...

I agree. The new Pearl would have to have substantial updates for me to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceInPants View Post
    I'm sort of in the same boat as the OP. I've had my pearl for over 2 years. There's nothing wrong with my 8100, but who doesn't like a new toy every now and then? If I were to upgrade I would definitely want it to be something substantial. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

regor99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had a Pearl for two years and like everyone else on this thread I love the form factor. The Pearl for the "Prosumer" was years ahead of its time.

However, rather than build substantially on the popularity of the Pearl, RIM seem to have changed R&D focus and tried to blanket the market with various Iphone killers. I have tried both the Bold (in O2) and the Storm (yesterday in Vodaphone!). Neither comes close to the iphone or for that matter the Touch HD. I like to call myself a Crackberry addict but I found the Storm an awful brick with a gimmicky interface.

The Pearl flip will be a total lame duck.This has already been witnessed by it's poor reception by the US buying public and price drops in various stores in the US within days of release. What were they thinking?

RIM is in danger of losing it's loyal Pearl fan base in Europe if it does not do the following; provide a new pearl with a more stable and regularly updated OS, a new faster browser interface,a higher resolution screen, better media software, 3.5mm headphone jack, A2DP, mini not micro USB and the clincher - 3G , HSPDA.

You don't have much time RIM. Others are catching you up (such as the Nokia E71 and soon the E63) and are passing you by.
    Last edited by regor99; 11-17-2008 at 07:36 PM.

regor99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just found out the Javelin comes without 3G? I'm sorry we are falling on our own sword.

No more released Blackberries without 3G Rim please....
    Last edited by regor99; 11-17-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast