Not supposed to use Blackberry Desktop at home. Work has kept CD, but have downloaded ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blondini no está en línea Stack level 1

Will I Loose Work Email if Configure at Home with Desktop??

Advertisement

Not supposed to use Blackberry Desktop at home. Work has kept CD, but have downloaded from Blackberry website. Work has already configured Blackberry for Lotus Notes email client. If I connect to Desktop, is there an ability like I Tunes to stop Blackberry configuring with personal email and overwriting work lotus notes client??

Thanks guys

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Will I Loose Work Email if Configure at Home with Desktop??

I assume you're just trying to get music onto an SD card. You don't need Desktop Manager for that.

Go to:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...04c3577a11e1TR
    and select BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.2 Service Pack 1 from the drop down list, but scroll down the list and download BlackBerry Device Manager (English SP2). Of course select any language you want!

This will install the drivers so that when you connect your BlackBerry to your computer, you can use "Mass Storage Mode" and your SD Card will show up as a disk drive on your computer. You can then copy files to your BlackBerry. See my post here for more details on how to use your SD card without Media Manager.

If you're looking to be able to run Application Loader (although I'd recommend trying to stick to OTA installations - click the link in my signature for some suggestions), you will need to install Desktop Manager but select BlackBerry Internet Service rather than BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector during the installation, and don't have it run on startup. See my post here for tips on installing Desktop Manager.

You actually won't need to run Desktop Manager. Instead, you can run the Application Loader stand alone. Just create a shortcut to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe
    to run it without Desktop Manager.

I strongly recommend downloading a version without Media Manager(Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager (English)). The Media Manager in that version is HUGE and invasive to your system (IMHO). When you install Desktop Manager, select Internet setup.

If you really want a "Media Manager", you can download v4.2 SP1 which has the old "thin" Media Manager and is just about the same as SP2 except for the Media Manager.
    JerryD

blondini no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks heaps

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

also as an fyi - pluging your phone into a computer doesn't configure it to do anything with email. you have to manually set that up.