I been thinking of buying this phone. I see there are some bugs and negative ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Luterko no está en línea Stack level 2

WiFi without data plan?!

Advertisement

I been thinking of buying this phone. I see there are some bugs and negative issues regarding it but I like the way it looks. I have 8100 at the moment and the browser is not available without service data plan. I was wondering whether it is the same with 8220 and could WiFi be used without data plan?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yep. You can use the browser without a data plan as long as you have a wi-fi spot available. I do it all the time on my spare 8120. Be aware that some apps require a data plan but there are many that do not. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Luterko no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanx a lot, jblackfish. Appreciate it.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good luck with it. It's fairly straight-forward to set up and get going. Post back if you need help using it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com