Ok so I wrote this big speal then I backspaced and it got erased, so. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

enhanced no está en línea Stack level 1

WIFI Downloading Question

Advertisement

Ok so I wrote this big speal then I backspaced and it got erased, so. What I want to know is if I am only using my wifi at home, meaning Iv disabled the mobile network and in the service status under blackberry internet service it says wifi, and I go on opera or the browser and I come to pinstack to download something, will I get charged to download even tho the app is free from my service provider. Also I have set under options>advanced options>browser>default browser config>hotspot browser instead of internet browserl. So ya, just cuz there are some apps that Id like to get that I cant just download and put on threw the manager. All help is appreciated.

I also want to add that I have a 500MB data plan so when im on the rogers network and doing whatever Im using the 500mb and inside the services status and blackberry internet service it shows mobile network. Just thought that may be useful.
    Last edited by enhanced; 06-15-2009 at 12:08 AM.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    The answer is not because your are not using a data plan but the free wifi.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I second that emotion!!
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

So basically I'm ok, also b.c I have the data plan if the app is free then I would be using my 500mb right
    Thanks for all the help

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    if the app uses data to work, yes you will be using your 500mb
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

ok, someone please give me a clear answer, if im using wifi, and mobile service is disabled, if I download from here, or whereever, providing the app is free, I will not be charged by my cellphone carrier, but yess, if imm using rogers, I do understand, I would be using my 500mb of my data plan, but please, someone answer me with an actually answer, is using wifi like using real wifi with my laptop if I have the mobile service disable and the wifi enabled.

dtcampbell no está en línea Stack level 2
    500 mb is a crime-ifeel for ya- 4 days of podsasts can eat that up quick- info should be spread like the wind

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    I don't speak from experience, but if you have the mobile radio turned off, but the wifi radio turned on, you should be fine.

I think there's also something in the options for mobile service that has nothing but an on/off for Data and lists your carrier. If you can turn that off and wifi still works in addition to shutting of the mobile antenna, I'd say you're good.

If your app is expecting a BIS or BES connection though, it may not work.