This is a good article on the Pearl. Why the BlackBerry Pearl is the smart ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Why the BlackBerry Pearl is the smart phone of the future

Advertisement

This is a good article on the Pearl.

Why the BlackBerry Pearl is the smart phone of the future

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...3&pageNumber=2

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    Hahaha! They called the razr a "dumb phone!"
    Hmm... Very nice!
    Me and my Pearl both love reading about each other...
    I'm sure it'll get a kick out of this article!
    (is it weird I talk about my BB like it's a person??)

Lecter no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm really sorry but I just can't consider the Pearl to be a smart phone compared to a treo...there is practically no agenda function, almost no useful apps and push email is just as good with chatter or snapper that work just as well as bb connect! I have so many useful apps on my treo...anything from Formula 1 stats to bartending tips that BB just can't compete with!!

Oh, and I've had more resets with my Pearl in two weeks than my treo in a year!

PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    Hahaha!
    Well, this is the first BB i've owned, well.. the first SmartPhone I've ever owned too! So my opinions are pretty limited.
    Hmm... Really? Bartending tips! That's HOT! Hahaaha!

And yeah, i've had to reset my BB sooo much wit hin the past few months!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I guess the BB gods must be frowning down upon you. And you must be one of the few Treo users who doesn't have issues. My dad switched from BB to Treo, and it took him 2 months to switch to the pearl. Plus he got tired of having to wear a construction workers belt to carry his Treo around. I have had OS 4.2.0.64 for about a month now, and haven't had to reset once. Good luck with your Pearl. Hope your experience gets better!

PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    Should we make a sacrifice to the BB Gods for a plentiful harvest, good apps and signal for the following year?

I got a bunch of old nokias I want to blow up

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecter
    I'm really sorry but I just can't consider the Pearl to be a smart phone compared to a treo...there is practically no agenda function, almost no useful apps and push email is just as good with chatter or snapper that work just as well as bb connect! I have so many useful apps on my treo...anything from Formula 1 stats to bartending tips that BB just can't compete with!!

Oh, and I've had more resets with my Pearl in two weeks than my treo in a year!
    There are tons of Applications for the Blackberry, check out www.Handango.com or www.magmic.com www.thebogles.com .

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    I guess the BB gods must be frowning down upon you. And you must be one of the few Treo users who doesn't have issues. My dad switched from BB to Treo, and it took him 2 months to switch to the pearl. Plus he got tired of having to wear a construction workers belt to carry his Treo around. I have had OS 4.2.0.64 for about a month now, and haven't had to reset once. Good luck with your Pearl. Hope your experience gets better!
    Check out mytreo.net and you'll see how much you're missing!! The Pearl is a very slick phone but unfortunately it doesn't deserve the handle of "smart phone." Palm leads the way in all sorts of apps that just don't exist on BB, just google and app called 2Day by ShSh software to see what I mean!!

As for the bartending app, it's a database with thousands of drinks and a "how to" make them!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecter
    Check out mytreo.net and you'll see how much you're missing!! The Pearl is a very slick phone but unfortunately it doesn't deserve the handle of "smart phone." Palm leads the way in all sorts of apps that just don't exist on BB, just google and app called 2Day by ShSh software to see what I mean!!

As for the bartending app, it's a database with thousands of drinks and a "how to" make them!!
    There are several applications just like "2day" for the BB including Pocketday:
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...58264&R=158264

And BBtoday

There are a few themes "today" themes also.

This one doesnt have thousands of drinks but might interest you:
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...64022&R=164022

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    There are several applications just like "2day" for the BB including Pocketday:
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...58264&R=158264

And BBtoday

There are a few themes "today" themes also.

This one doesnt have thousands of drinks but might interest you:
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...64022&R=164022
    Thanks, I've checked those out already but the GUI isn't worth much and that paying app is a little $$ for what it is!!

The bartending app was just an example btw, and the app is free for Palm

I'm not trying to bash the Pearl in any shape or form, it just can't be called a smart phone IMHO!

EDIT: I've asked the creator of 2Day to build his app to fit the Pearl...wait and see!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    I'm just curious how lack of 3rd party apps, which I'll admit is far fewer than palm, prohibits this from being classified as a "smart phone " ? I will say this, the amount of 3rd party apps has at least tripled in the 2 years since I've been using BB, so you've got that to look forward to!! As far as the actual device hardware goes, other than wifi,video capture (which can be added eventually with an OS update) and touch screen ( which I hope we NEVER SEE in a BB) what does the Treo offer that the pearl doesn't, other than about an additional 6oz and a much less clear screen ? I realize that we're likely polar opposites here, I just don't see what possibily keeps this from smart phone classification.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have owned the Palm smart phones and now the Pearl. I think it's silly for you guys to get into a pissing contest. They are great. But I love the Pearl because of its size -- I hated the bulkiness of the Treo. The QWERTY keyboard is nice, but the keys are too small for my fingers, and I don't even have big hands. The Pearl's download seems faster though, and the GPS stuff is great.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    I'm just saying that if a Treo would be considered a smart phone, there is no reason whatsoever to claim a pearl wouldn't be.