Are gps wnd wi-fi installed and just not accessable without some sort of hack for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391

why no gps and wi-fi on 8100?

Advertisement

Are gps wnd wi-fi installed and just not accessable without some sort of hack for the 8100?
    Just wondering, as I bought mine before I realized there were other pearl models
    woops, hey what can I say, I'm still a little new with BB's and a new stacker! This place is the sh*t, thanks Pinstack I am an official BB addict, and if thats not bad enough, i'm glued to pinstack forums.

Stackers rule the mobile world!

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    No there is no hardware on the device for 8100, the 8100 came out almost 2 years ago. Something you can do is buy a GPS puck and have GPS that way~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391
    thanks, kinda what I thought. Just wanted comfirmation

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    And no wifi. That would be the 8120. I believe.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes.. No way to get those two things on the 8100.. The only way is to upgrade your phone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Congestions on your purchase of a BB. It is cool to have you part of pinstack.. Kinda forgot to include that note on my other post. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you want to know WHY the 8100 does not have these devices, well why doesnt my car come with chrome rims? Why didnt my computer come with a 32" widescreen monitor? Why didnt my surround sound system come with 7 speakers instead of 5? B/c thats what i paid for. There are different models of everything in this world. Manufacturers decide what people may or may not want, and give them options so they can decide how much it's worth to them to buy. When the 8100 came out, it was decided having all of these features may not be what the typical consumer wanted, not for $600 anyway, which is what the phone would have costed several years ago. However as prices have gone down, they can now include these features without it costing an arm and a leg.

Since the cost of purchasing a GPS puck and software may end up the same as buying a newer phone with these included, you may look into returning your phone for an upgrade. Your carrier will likely be sympathetic if you have only had the phone for a week or so.