People - I have a serious newbie issue..it starts with needing to learn how to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Shoobop no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Why no forum for the 8130?

Advertisement

People - I have a serious newbie issue..it starts with needing to learn how to download a freaking ringtone, and ends with me wondering if I need to or CAN add more memory to this sucker?

Remember when you made the move from conventional cell phone to BlackBerry? Yeah...my patience is being tested, but I'm relying on you my fellow STACKERS to hook me up with some knowledge.

I'm about a week into this BlackBerry Peark adventure and could really use some help as I've heard once I get started, I may never stop...so I EMPLORE YOU - HELP!!!!

Thanks ever-so-much!

Shoobop

By the way...I have no professional reasons to have this BlackBerry...it's merely a longing that I've finally been able to quench. That's it.

Thanks again for your help!

Shoobop

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    - plug in your phone, it'll appear as a drive (MSC mode), copy an mp3 into Blackberry/ringtones, go to Sound Profiles on your BBerry, select Phone, select your audio file (or Browse if it isn't listed).

- we're here to help with specific issues... but the onus is on you to read the manual or visit the online tutorial (BlackBerry 101):
    http://www.blackberrypearl.com/8130demo/verizon/

- yes, there is a dedicated forum for the 8130:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f187/

Welcome & enjoy the ride

Thanks skelzer! I'm trying to learn but am feeling a bit overwhelmed. And trust me when I say that I carry the stinking users manual everywhere with me!

Something very peculiar...apparently you can download ringBACK tones from Verizon...but not your average run-of-the-mill ringTONE!

Alrighty...I'm going to be a sponge...anyone who has information I swear to you that I will glean all knowlege bestowed on me.

Thanks again!

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    ringtones and ringback tones are two different things. the service verizon offers is that when someone calls your phone they hear that song instead of ringing.

Thanks VR...I just think that the ringBACK technology is a little more advanced than the ringTONE technology and find it a bit odd that you can do one and not the other...

I'm ready to move past it, however.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    You just got to be a little patient with it. With time you will learn how to control your BB very well.
    If you have further questions, feel free to ask, we will try to help you in any way we can. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~