Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ive had the pearl for 2 days now and had onyl a few complaints but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

brisk no está en línea Stack level 1

Why is it so slow!

Advertisement

Ive had the pearl for 2 days now and had onyl a few complaints but this is the biggest one:
    My pearl for some reason always freezes up goes verrrry slow. Such as when i place a call, if i press end it will take at least 20 seconds to end the call. Its getting a little rediculous. Also, i cant even do voice recognition, it just freezes on "initializing." It reminds me of when youre on a computer with too many apps running and it slows down dramatically, so i believe thats whats causing it. is there any way to view the apps that are currently running on the phone? Also, when you press the "home/end" key, it doesnt close the program, correct?
    thanks

EDIT: from your experiences, what is the best theme to use if you want to make the phone run smoother and faster?

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

Re: Why is it so slow!

hold the alt key down and press the back/escape button and that will bring up a list of running apps. also what OS are you running? the OEM t-mobile OS wqas very slow and had lots of bugs in it. Try upgrading to the O2 OS 4.2.0.64 and it will be much faster for you
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

how would i go about doing that?

ps: is that your dog in your icon, i have the same one lol

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

mythmbhurts - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! i have been wondering if there was a way to see the running programs, so if it is running a lil slow, i could close the unused ones. (kind of like a CTRL, ALT, DEL for the blackberry)

i'm guessing that PHONE, BROWSER, MESSAGES and HOME SCREEN are the 4 that are always running?

ya thats what im thinking too, but can someone help me out with d/ling a new OS?

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

i'm not sure how to download that new OS, but i read somewhere that the .64 rogers wasn't exactly an upgrade on the tmobile, just different. maybe it will help with your speed issues, but i'm just waiting until tmo releases their new OS.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i downloaded and installed the o2 OS and its been running fine. But when I was on the tmo OS, I never experienced any slowness...and its much faster than my 7130 was.

Every once in awhile if I'm trying ti do too many things at once, such as changing the display brightness and scrolling the ball too much rather than wait for it to finish, it'll take a long time to think. But besides that, its pretty fast if I let it process.

And I have my left convenience key programmed for the application switcher since I don't use voice dialing or commands

2 things:
    how did you update your os?
    and i have it as app. switcher too, but if you hold it for a few seconds its voice commands...

apw100 no está en línea Stack level 1

Do you have an instant messenger program on your PC? If so, give me your screen name and I will send you the stuff you need.

with the Rogers OS, you have to delete the vendor.xml file after you install the program onto your computer, otherwise the app-loader in DM won't find it on your computer.

But the O2 OS, i actually forgot to delete the vendor.xml file, yet it worked fin and i only realized i forgot after the fact...strange.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ mines not slow at all

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

There are lots of threads on updating your OS thats what the search is for so this thread don't tuen into something other than the title. There are a few upgrades for you to choose from Rogers, T-mobile europe, O2, and vodafone all have higher OS's than T-mobile in the USA. So search for how to load a new OS....
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

from personal experience, upgrading the OS won't make it too much faster, but then again i think it's something else that's making your device so slow.

dofelmiert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C6D0A

~via BB My pearl was running slow also. I tried moving all my media files to my mem card. This sped it up allot. Goodluck! (wap.pinstack.com)~

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, try to free up some memory by closing open apps you're not using. Good idea to move as much junk to your mem card as possible.
    Finally, some themes are known to be slow (e.g. the sci-fi looking one)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast