I got a replacement for my previous 8120 (I had problems with my volume button). ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

graciliano no está en línea Stack level 2

Why is my Host Routing Table (HRT) empty?

Advertisement

I got a replacement for my previous 8120 (I had problems with my volume button). The old one had many entries in the HRT. The replacement has the HRT empty. I reinstalled the software blackberry software from t-mobile to solve an issue with the alarm. I do not find any other problems now. I have no blackberry data service but I have the t-MobileWeb (formerly t-zones) service, which I think is only WAP. I wonder if I will find problems if or when I subscribe to a blackberry data service.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that info is supplied by your service books that are sent to your device. If this is a new devices and does not have a data plan, then no info has been supplied to the device to be loaded there. It does not come on device. Hope this helps . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

graciliano no está en línea Stack level 2
    However, I insist I had very many entries in the HRT of my original phone, none visible in the new one. And I do have some items within the service books. Yet, I admit this may not be a problem for practical purposes, and I am open to the idea that it may get filled in the future by t-mobile.

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Unless you have a data plan, you won't have access to the HRT table. Period, that's how the phones work. Some get them downloaded from the manufacturer, but it depends. Trust me, I should know about these things, you won't have a problem, and if you do...T-mobile will take good care of you.