This is not on my bb it's on my husbands. We both got them at ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chrissie225 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EDFCF4

Why is google prompting for log in info?

Advertisement

This is not on my bb it's on my husbands. We both got them at the same time. Mine and can go to google and search, his when he goes to google (and yahoo for that matter) he is prompted for username and password???? Did a batt pull, cleared history, just not sure what else to do. Has anyone seen this?

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Why is google prompting for log in info?

So when he goes straigt to www.google.com from his BB browser, it prompts him for a user name and password? I can understand if he goes to Gmail or yahoomail but the regular Google search engine shouldn''t need a user name and password.

Tantrix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23fabc5

Quote Originally Posted by chrissie225
    This is not on my bb it's on my husbands. We both got them at the same time. Mine and can go to google and search, his when he goes to google (and yahoo for that matter) he is prompted for username and password???? Did a batt pull, cleared history, just not sure what else to do. Has anyone seen this?
    I would clear your internet history,Clear the Cache and Cookies...and Then try pulling up google again and seeing if will allow him to search properly.

chrissie225 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EDFCF4

Yep he is prompted when he goes to www.google.com. I have cleared the history but how do I clear the cookies and cache

Tantrix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23fabc5

Quote Originally Posted by chrissie225
    Yep he is prompted when he goes to www.google.com. I have cleared the history but how do I clear the cookies and cache

Your going to open your browser,Press the Menu Button,options,cache operations,you have three options...Content Cache,Pushed Content,and cookies..There below..You should see "Clear"..Highlite it and press down on the ball..