This is a question regarding network coverage, I suppose...I don't know what else is causing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

Why does this happen??

Advertisement

This is a question regarding network coverage, I suppose...I don't know what else is causing this to happen. Every once in a while, when I'm in EDGE coverage, my 8100 will become absolutely unable to use anything that requires the internet. My browser will not respond, JiveTalk's banner is grey (I've been using the banner on JiveTalk to see when this is happening, apparently when you lose signal the banner turns grey), Opera Mini, of course, will not respond, etc. But I can still call, text but cannot send e-mail via my BlackBerry e-mail address. Is this just something that happens regularly that I've missed seeing on here, or is there something wrong with my BB? Thank you in advance.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~and you're positive you have EDGE and not edge?

Maybe a silly question but I have a couple places in my house where it switches back and forth!

Yeah, its doing it right now in EDGE. Really the only time I see it in edge is when its done starting up, I notice it goes from GSM to edge to EDGE, etc.
    Last edited by green_light; 09-29-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: It happens to me when I'm at home also, I have an apartment in the city.

PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm.. Very odd! You should be able to access those things! Is it a new phone?

Yeah it's relatively new, a Pearl 8100...but compared to all the new phones coming out lately, it sounds old school. Nothing major has happened to it to where it would be malfunctioning abnormally...I've had it for only a year.

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    I have a pearl 8100 also, mine will loose connection and I'm not able to do anything. I have to turn it or then turn it back on, but it happens more lately. I think it may be be ATT service.

Yeah, actually, I have been noticing this happen more lately with my Pearl, but I have T-Mobile.

PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    Maybe it has something to do with the GSM since both suppliers have it.

PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    Anyone else having this problem.

PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is it a recent problem or has it been happening since you got the phone? And what OS are you guys using?

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    No problems here on T-Mobile and 4.5 os ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think the problem is fairly recent for me. I just left the location I was at, drove through downtown Milwaukee, got home, and it still hadn't found a stable data connection, or whatever is going on. Like tonyr38663 mentioned, the only thing you can do is reset the BlackBerry. Maybe its time to upgrade my OS, or get a new phone. My OS is 4.2.1. What I really need is somebody to decipher a diagnostic report, since I ran one this morning. Thanks.