Everytime I dial a number then go to save it, it automatically saves it as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Why does saving a new number go under work?

Advertisement

Everytime I dial a number then go to save it, it automatically saves it as a work number? Is there a way to change this to mobile or even to ask me what to save it as?

Alex

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yea it does that on my 8700 too. It is (i'm assuming) the way that RIM programed it to automatically file under. Not sure there is a way around it.. Someone else may have the inside scoop on that though...
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The "work" field is the default field for phone numbers.

If you create a new entry in your address book first, then you can save a phone number in any field.

I don't think I've ever "saved" a new contact phone number that way. If I need the number, I do a copy first, then create a new address book entry and paste the number where I want it.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah just gotta get used to Blackberry method of inputting numbers, unlike other phones you'd enter the number first THEN go to "save" instead of going to the address book, then inputting the number. I haven't gotten around this, but I suppose that's still that "corporate personality" of the BB. =P

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b