This has been bugging me. Had to swap back to my SK3 due to financial ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Why Does My Battery Last Longer When I Have a Data Plan?

Advertisement

This has been bugging me. Had to swap back to my SK3 due to financial issues. I want to use both phones one day.

Anyway the issue is this: Everytime I disconnect the data plan, my bb battery only lasts 1 day. Is the bb still receiving a signal somehow even if I have wireless and data roaming off. Why???? What can I do to keep it lasting more than one day until I can afford data on both phones?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    As long as the radio portion of the BB is turned on, it will tx/rx with your system. Not sure about why your battery lasts longer with data on. Seems like it would be the other way around.

In the settings for the device, you can disable the green/red lights for in and out of coverage, which will extend your battery life somewhat.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    yeah, it seems that it would be the other way around. Did you order that adapter for your eargels?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    your phone is waiting for activation so to speak so it is working a lot harder to connect to something that has been removed
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Its beause, that's when your blackberry is the happiest. When it has data. LOL

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    lol
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Ah, yesss... lasting longer is happiness.

It might also be that there is a power policy in force, as with many OSs... they budget available power, turn off components or limit the electricity supplied, dim the screen more aggressively...

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    As long as the radio portion of the BB is turned on, it will tx/rx with your system. Not sure about why your battery lasts longer with data on. Seems like it would be the other way around.

In the settings for the device, you can disable the green/red lights for in and out of coverage, which will extend your battery life somewhat.

It's now 1 AM on Sunday. Here's what happened:

I turned my BB off 2 nights ago (Friday night) before I went to bed (I have Auto On/Off set to turn off at 3 AM Central and turn back on at 4 AM Central to reboot the BB). I left it unplugged as it had a full battery. Yesterday morning (Saturday morning) when I woke up, there was only 15% battery power left. I did absolutely nothing to the BB as I was not home to do anything with it (no emergency calls, texts, games, MP3 usage, NOTHING).

The LED Coverage Indicator is off. Options>Mobile Network>Data Services is set to Off. The "Turn Wireless On/Off" icon on the home screen reads "Turn Wireless On" meaning wireless is Off.

Where is my battery usage going???

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is it possible that the battery meter is just reading wrong? If your at 15% will it die in a few mins hours or does it las just as long as it should with 15%
    I had a problem with my 7130g that I would charge it up and the batt meter would read 1% but it would last as long as a full charge should, I just didn't have a visual to tell how much life I had
    Just a though...

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    This is strange to say the least. I would be more inclined to believe what jonny stated as the BB is basically designed to work with a data plan since that is where its features and usefulness really come alive.

I am almost positive the meter is reading correctly because I charge the Pearl during the day also with it turned on. I didn't have this problem on my 71xx series BB's.

However, if I could afford 2 data plans I would. That would solve the issue. By the way this is my 3rd Pearl. I think I had the issue before with them but don't remember clearly.