After an incoming email has been read, it disappears from my Pearl. Up until yesterday, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rjkbe no está en línea Stack level 1

why do emails disappear from inbox after being read?

Advertisement

After an incoming email has been read, it disappears from my Pearl. Up until yesterday, read emails stayed in the inbox. Now only sent emails are shown. The only change I can think of is that, a couple of days ago, MS Outlook stopped sending messages on my PC (I could still send on the Pearl). The only way to fix it was to delete the email account in Outlook on the PC and reconfigure it to get it to send emails again. I use BIS. All help much appreciated.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Re: why do emails disappear from inbox after being read?

interesting...is your mailbox constantly full or does it just stay empty?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Sounds like you are running low on device memory. Try and delete call logs, delete SMS and MMS messages that you don't need, power down the device and do a battery pull. This should free up some device memory. But most important...do a back up first! You can check your device memory by going to option>status>look file free and file total. Hope this helps, let us know.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

RayZ is right! Try that and post back with information of what happens!

Thanks guys

Status shows 6,080,300 File Free and 65,100,700 File Total. I am a relative IT novice so I am not sure what this signifies. My inbox has only got about 30 sent messages in it (and no received messages) and I very rarely use SMS messaging so there is not much content in there. The inbox had several hundred received and sent massages in it up till yesterday.

Regards

Moonshadow no está en línea Stack level 2

It means you have a bout 6 mb of memory free which is quite low. You need to lookup the posts on freeing up memory. There are quite a few. But to start, try removing images, and extra ringtones, tunes, unnecessary applications from your BB. Images, tunes etc can be stored on the memory card. Then pull and reinsert the battery and check for any change in the free memeory. You should try to keep about 10 mb free although some would say 12-13 mb free.

Thanks. At my advanced age I don't have additional images, ringtones or programs! I mainly use the Pearl to keep up with my emails when I don't have my laptop and also as a very basic mobile phone. As suggested I pulled the battery and that, to my surprise, freed up 10 mb so I now have 16.7 mb free and still 65 mb total. However, the emails received since the battery pull still disappear after being read. The "keep messages" option in general email options is set to 30 days and the Pearl is showing the last 30 days worth of sent emails byut no received emails.

wwqxwly no está en línea Stack level 1

why do emails disappear from inbox after being read?

If you have Rules set up in Outlook, remove them and this will correct your problem.