lol i just got the blackberry n i cant make videos?how come it cant its ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jnfbrianzz no está en línea Stack level 1

why cant pearl make videos

Advertisement

lol i just got the blackberry n i cant make videos?how come it cant its one of the newest phones out but yet it cant make videos ?

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: why cant pearl make videos

It could be added in a future upgrade possibly, or some 3rd party could write an app for it.

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

You know, I was walking down Waikiki last night and I was like, "ooo I should probably take a video of that," but alas no video on Pearl. Le sigh.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

SMPRX7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah I was kinda bumed out about no video recorder myself and wondered why they didn't make it with one.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm not really sure, but I really have to believe that the lack of video recording capability is limited by the size of the Software Application that would be required to accomplish this. The Pearl OS is much larger than that of the other BBs and really pushes the limit of the 64Meg chip already.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

joebobmcslob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e22496

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't see how that would be a problem. A tiny sop that accesses an encoder library... Hmmm. That sounds more like laziness on RIM's part to me.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yeah, but you have to have the encoder library on the BB also, and the App to control the camera and memory transfer wouldn't be so small.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

I'm sure if we wait a while someone will write one.
    Will you be my friend?
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I knew the Pearl didnt take video before I purchased it so I dont miss it. I had it in my last phone and think out of roughly two years used it 4-5 times, mostly just to try it.

15 second jerky choppy blurry clips dont do anything for me. Sometimes friends send me videos and I always think to myself just send a picture. The video starts, then blurry choppy when they move it then a second of decent view then blurry choppy jerky when they try to move it. Just send pics.

I dont think its a memory issue as even with 14 additional programs loaded (Gmail, 3 IM's counting OZ, bbspell, Google Maps, RDM, bunch of games) I still have 36 megs of memory left out of 64. That should be more than enough to handle anything.

FWIW, yes I did delete all the unneeded languages and programs (brickbreaker, password keeper,etc...) I dont use and that how I get so much free memory. I also put everything I can on the 2gig MicroSD card nothing goes on the main memory except programs.

PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    I knew the Pearl didnt take video before I purchased it so I dont miss it. I had it in my last phone and think out of roughly two years used it 4-5 times, mostly just to try it.

15 second jerky choppy blurry clips dont do anything for me. Sometimes friends send me videos and I always think to myself just send a picture. The video starts, then blurry choppy when they move it then a second of decent view then blurry choppy jerky when they try to move it. Just send pics.

I dont think its a memory issue as even with 14 additional programs loaded (Gmail, 3 IM's counting OZ, bbspell, Google Maps, RDM, bunch of games) I still have 36 megs of memory left out of 64. That should be more than enough to handle anything.

FWIW, yes I did delete all the unneeded languages and programs (brickbreaker, password keeper,etc...) I dont use and that how I get so much free memory. I also put everything I can on the 2gig MicroSD card nothing goes on the main memory except programs.
    GET RID OF BRICKBREAKER?! YOU'RE INSANE! But thats a good idea. Deleting programs and languages. I'm going to do that once I get home.
    Will you be my friend?
    PIN - 23EAD2EE