Results 1 to 8 of 8

Figure out how to customize my email/message ringers? I want the same sound when I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    RyanM's Avatar
    RyanM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    32c3f46f
    Posts
    30

    Why cant I...

    Advertisement



    Figure out how to customize my email/message ringers? I want the same sound when I get a new email/txt message. Can someone tell me how to do so?

    Also... any reason why sometimes it alerts me of new emails by the notification light and others with a ring?

    thanks!
    75% of the earth is covered by water, the other 25% is covered by Bob Sanders

  2. #2
    jdellasala's Avatar
    jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,573

    Re: Why cant I...

    Go to Profiles. The profile that is active will have (Active) to the right of it. Scroll to it, hit [Enter] and a list of "events" will appear. Scroll to the event you want to modify and hit [Enter]. Customize as needed.
    .
    JerryD

  3. #3
    RyanM's Avatar
    RyanM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    32c3f46f
    Posts
    30

    Re: Why cant I...

    Pressing enter doesn't do anything. Hmm..
    75% of the earth is covered by water, the other 25% is covered by Bob Sanders

  4. #4
    Stonebreeze's Avatar
    Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8
    Posts
    261

    Re: Why cant I...

    Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    Go to Profiles. The profile that is active will have (Active) to the right of it. Scroll to it, hit [Enter] and a list of "events" will appear. Scroll to the event you want to modify and hit [Enter]. Customize as needed.
    This almost correct. You can change the profile for any event by going into Profiles and clicking on Advanced and then highlight the profile you want to modify and then click the Menu button>Edit

    From there you should be able to select the event you want to modify by clicking on it and reassign the tone for that event.

    Hope this helps

    BRZ

  5. #5
    dasupaman23's Avatar
    dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: Why cant I...

    I think he left out a step. Go to the very bottom of the list and select 'Advanced'. Then you can edit them there.

  6. #6
    RyanM's Avatar
    RyanM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    32c3f46f
    Posts
    30

    Re: Why cant I...

    got it to work. thanks for everyones help!
    75% of the earth is covered by water, the other 25% is covered by Bob Sanders

  7. #7
    Rcbjr's Avatar
    Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Posts
    14,848

    Re: Why cant I...

    Actually, he gave the only instructions he knew. Without having a Pearl, he couldn't know about the Profiles Menu changes.

    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

  8. #8
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996

    Re: Why cant I...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Actually, he gave the only instructions he knew. Without having a Pearl, he couldn't know about the Profiles Menu changes.

    Rcbjr.
    Precisely, the Pearl does offer some unique preferences and choices that other models do not.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •