There are hundreds of phones out there, all offer good and bad things but why ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

why bb pearl

Advertisement

There are hundreds of phones out there, all offer good and bad things but why is the Pearl so loved?
    So tell me your story?

Kon
    Kon no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: why bb pearl

It's good for business. Really, that's all I can think of. It's an okay phone by my standards. But I'm only in highschool, so I don't need it for an business.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

I agree, there are phones that offer more for less. But there is something special, different about the pearl!
    I've had a pearl for about 12 months and since which have people from all over the world, people that I would Never have met if it wasn't for this phone. There's a community that only exsist's with Blackberry. Iphone and treo both try to have the same but well not a patch on Blackberry.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

I "stumbled" onto the pearl after trying out a PPC. That phone was a great little computer but it really sucked as a phone. Have a friend that has an 8100 and he loves it. I still had some time in my 30 day trial period so I gave it a try. Now the guys at the station laugh because we are always talking about our Blackberrys. I like the fact that I get my home e-mail without having to do anything special. i can surf the web when I am at work. It has a nice mp3 player and can do videos as well without a lot of extra fidgets....
    Sounds good and works even better. What else is there to say?
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3

I was desparate to get rid of my sidekick. I was looking at the dash and the pearl. I like the pearl because it packs alot of power for its size, and the dash had wifi, a feature looking for since i like to browse the web alot. Well, my friends girlfriend got a dash and she said it had a squeaky keypad,i t lags alot, and its just too wide. So i ended up goind with the pearl. I like it so far, i am very pleased with my decision. I guess ill wait to have wifi on my next phone.

csxspecialagent no está en línea Stack level 2

I still have a pearl that my wife is using. I only switched to the curve because of the A2DP issue.

clickmouse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076B7F6

I needed a phone with a qwerty keyboard. I started with a hiptop/sidekick then went to an E61 ...then a friend convinced me to try out the pearl for the weekend. It took a day or two for me to get use to the pearls keyboard but not I don't think I would ever go back to a "full" qwerty keyboard. It so fast and I've edited to auto text features on my phone so I can type even faster. I also like the BB's OS...I find it to be very intuitive and user friendly...there was a slight learning curve but so worth the time learning

Oh and you can't beat the weight and form factor...that was another reason why I went with the pearl as opposed to the other BB's

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i loved my pearl. It was a great size the features it packed in was great. I am waiting on the 8120 so I can get all the cool feature of my curve in the size of a pearl.