Hey folks, My Pearl has started to develop a really annoying habit. It could be ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Taz6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Why are CAPS kicking in?!?!?!?

Advertisement

Hey folks,

My Pearl has started to develop a really annoying habit. It could be user-error or it could be a glitch on the phone - hence, the reason for this thread, to harness your collective brilliance/wisdom/advice/insanity!

Whenever I go to a screen where I'm typing something in (i.e. an email, my contacts list, the user-name and login windows on Gmail) a small grey box with the word 'CAPS' appears in the top right corner of my screen - and the intuitive typing feature on the Pearl loses it's mind so that I have to type buttons twice to get to certain letters!

It used to be that if I started typing a word, for instance 'house', the phone would pick up that I was typing 'house' within a letter or two and either just pick the right letter from there on out, or it would give me an option to pick from a list of the most appropriate words based on what I'd typed so far.

For instance, using my 'house' example, I now have to tap the 'g/h' key twice (to get 'h'), tap the 'o/p' key once, the 'u/i' key once (all fine and dandy) but then tap the 'a/s' twice to get the 's' (back to annoying!) before tapping the 'e/r' key once to get 'e'. The double tapping is mucho frustrating - and NO word options appear intuitively now either!

I don't think I've changed any settings on my phone so what the heck is going on here???

Am I perhaps pressing a key combination while the phone is in my pocket that could be causing this?????

Other suggestions?

HELP!!!!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Why are CAPS kicking in?!?!?!?

i would first recommend a reboot of the device (first thing to always do to a bb that has 'lost its mind )
    take battery out, while phone is still on, wait 30 seconds, place battery back in...let phone boot up, see if it still happens.

Taz6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Why are CAPS kicking in?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    i would first recommend a reboot of the device (first thing to always do to a bb that has 'lost its mind )
    take battery out, while phone is still on, wait 30 seconds, place battery back in...let phone boot up, see if it still happens.
    Thanks! I'll try that right now...