So umm, I installed the new T-Mobile update on the handheld, and the new desktop ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thumbs down Whoops! I think I found a BB ought oh.

Advertisement

So umm, I installed the new T-Mobile update on the handheld, and the new desktop manager. And I was kinda thinkin "ya kno, I should do my weekly update, and reconfigure the desktop side to sync with outlook" only to discover that the intellisync portion of the new desktop software is like in German or something I can't read or pronounce

So umm. I'll just sit here and stare at my screen like this: until someone recommends what I should do to fix this, because I have to back up my precious "little black book" LOL

PIN/ID
    And another thing. I can no longer press and hold the no. 1 key to call my voicemail anymore This is very irritating. It pops up and says "Invalid Phone Number" but I pushed SEND)MENU)OPTIONS)VOICEMAIL and the number for the access center is correct, and it's typed in the same way it's always been

PIN/ID
    Okay I'm on a roll ... I didn't realize there's so much wrong with this update for me.

I use the T-Mobile Zen theme that the T-Mobile phones come preconfigured to use... ever since I updated the handheld software, I now have this little earth with the number 1 by it appearing where I'm usually notified I have messages. I thought it was like a browser message or something - but I can't find anywhere to check for those. any suggestions?

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    ...revert, I say...

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    go to your messaging screen--menu--view folder-check in your browser messages or wap push messages
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

sayh0y no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204af577
    my desktop manager is still all in in english .... voicemail key still works and just checked my zen theme and messaged myself with sisters phone and everything is still normal ... well thats just my input.

ernestdefoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218D1F76
    The only problem I had after the update is the OZ client not working then I called T-Mobile BB support, and they fixed it, and now it works. So now I am not having any problems with the update.

PIN/ID
    Thanks everyone.
    --
    Walt

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by PacificDude8
    Thanks everyone.
    did you go back? i experienced some of the stuff you were talking about too...but a lot of that would just be reconfiguring back to the way YOU like it...the themes can be unlocked (do a search for unlocking vendor themes) and then maybe you can go back to the one you are talking about (hmm..i guess i am assuming you did the non tmo update, bc if you did the tmo update, the zen should be there...)

im with navilyn - go back!

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    did you go back? i experienced some of the stuff you were talking about too...but a lot of that would just be reconfiguring back to the way YOU like it...the themes can be unlocked (do a search for unlocking vendor themes) and then maybe you can go back to the one you are talking about (hmm..i guess i am assuming you did the non tmo update, bc if you did the tmo update, the zen should be there...)

im with navilyn - go back!
    Thanks, but I think you misunderstood my post. The theme is still there, and functioning normally my only issue is;

1) The Desktop software, the sync portion pops up in German.
    2) When I push and hold the number 1 on my phone to call voicemail - it says "Invalid Number" so I have to find a menu that has the "CALL VOICEMAIL" option on it.

Thought I would re-outline that, incase other's misunderstood what I meant.

Thanks
    --
    Walt

west_rid_dad no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks, but I think you misunderstood my post. The theme is still there, and functioning normally my only issue is;

2) When I push and hold the number 1 on my phone to call voicemail - it says "Invalid Number" so I have to find a menu that has the "CALL VOICEMAIL" option on it.

Thanks
    I had to re-program the speed dial associated to the number 1 key. I entered my cell number. Now, when I press the 1 key it properly displays "CALLING VOICE MAIL" and shows my voice mail number.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    west_rid_dad, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the information. That's what we like to see, first time poster with a possible solution.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mctommy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e74540

Re: Whoops! I think I found a BB ought oh.

Thanks
    Like west rad said. Make a new contact with your name and number. Then go to CALL LOG, highlight the new contact and press MENU key, ADD TO SPEED DIAL, and then assign it to #1.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Re: Whoops! I think I found a BB ought oh.

Yup. That's what I had to do .

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~