Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~on #3! First one the trackball died! Decided it was only going to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

Re: Who has replaced their Pearl and why?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~on #3! First one the trackball died! Decided it was only going to scroll one direction. The 2nd one died after a bat pull! Nothing but the red blinking light, tried several things and nothing! So I call tmo and they immediatly sent a new one. All this since March!! So far so good with this one but it really is a pain to have to set all the. Bells and whistles when you get a new one.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

yeah it sucked

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Quote Originally Posted by aimeekelley
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~on #3! First one the trackball died! Decided it was only going to scroll one direction. The 2nd one died after a bat pull! Nothing but the red blinking light, tried several things and nothing! So I call tmo and they immediatly sent a new one. All this since March!! So far so good with this one but it really is a pain to have to set all the. Bells and whistles when you get a new one.
    I've had a few of my clients with the trackball problem. It seems to be a software issue most of the time. An OS upgrade solves it 70% of the time.

Has anyone else seen a problem where the LED and Pearl changes to random colours? I downloaded Colour My Trackball and my co-worker loved it, and asked how I did that. The next day his trackball and LED was cycling through colours and I said "you got Colour My Trackball! That's awesome, how'd you get the LED to change?" and he said "huh? Colour my What? It just started doing that this morning"
    LOL it was funny. RIM replaced the device for him.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

piggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It really is a pain to have to set all the. Bells and whistles when you get a new one.
    The first one didn't have that much on it after just a few days, but the second one hurt. I haven't had time to even check, but I'll bring out the PC laptop this weekend and see how much I saved - I backed it all up last weekend...
    It would be nice if there were a function to copy everything to the media card in those cases where a computer is not available. Luckily, I can use the BB Desktop on my work computer but my main home computer is a mac so I have to dust off the PC laptop. Haven't even gotten a chance to use the Pocketmac program, though I have that installed.

Wrekonize no está en línea Stack level 2

I didn't feel like making a new topic so I saw you guys saying you talked to T-Mobile and they sent you a new pearl. I am just wondering what T-Mobile's warranty is for the BB Pearl. I had a RAZr as my last phone and it was warranted for a year. What is the warranty for the BB?

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm now on #4...

#1 The trackball dies
    #2 Software issues
    #3 Display error

#4 is still alive and if that unit die I'll replace it with a Curve

Peter

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrekonize
    I am just wondering what T-Mobile's warranty is for the BB Pearl. I had a RAZr as my last phone and it was warranted for a year. What is the warranty for the BB?
    Its 1 year too.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think the replacement pearls that you guys are getting are the problem pearls that other people exchanged! Lol cause I'm still on #1 since December 2006 and it hasn't given me any major problems big enough to exchange for another one. Usually stuff I can fix from reading pinstack. I'm just thinking maybe they all put stuff that are defective back in the big pool of pearls and use them to replace other peoples defective pearls and so those people end up having to replace those same pearls with other defective ones. Ah I lost track. Cause it doesn't make sense to have these many defective pearls!! I mean come on.

Wrekonize no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by waldog
    Its 1 year too.
    thank you very much

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by audreypearl
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think the replacement pearls that you guys are getting are the problem pearls that other people exchanged! Lol cause I'm still on #1 since December 2006 and it hasn't given me any major problems big enough to exchange for another one. Usually stuff I can fix from reading pinstack. I'm just thinking maybe they all put stuff that are defective back in the big pool of pearls and use them to replace other peoples defective pearls and so those people end up having to replace those same pearls with other defective ones. Ah I lost track. Cause it doesn't make sense to have these many defective pearls!! I mean come on.
    Yep, youre right. But I know how TMO Germany handle such defect units. They replace all mechanical parts of the phone and do a firmware
    Flash. So the replaced units are as new as a replaced unit can be.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

#1-it was really wierd. It was plugged in overnite on the charger. And when I woke up late because my alarm didn't go off. I looked at my pearl and it was frozen I guess we had a power surge. Because all the applicances were all reset or blinking an incorrect time. I did a battery pull and it worked fine but it kept freezing up. Whether the power surge had anything to do with it. I don't know. But it wouldn't work rite.
    #2- got scratched and I swapped it out. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Nikols no está en línea Stack level 2

#1 Scratched

#2 Scratched

#3 Side pieces didnt match up properly

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

This is EXACTLY how Pearl #1 died on me both times. All I had was that blinking red light for 2 seconds.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) So far so good with this one but it really is a pain to have to set all the. Bells and whistles when you get a new one.
    I've done this FOUR TIMES this year.

First time was when I got my first Pearl on January 26th.
    Second time was March 17 after it shut down the weekend before.
    Third time was April 12 after I had Pearl # 1 replaced.
    Fourth time was the July 29 while reviving Pearl #2 after it died the weekend before.

Quote Originally Posted by peterthill
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm now on #4...

#1 The trackball dies
    #2 Software issues
    #3 Display error

#4 is still alive and if that unit die I'll replace it with a Curve

Peter
    I'm getting the T-Mo 8800 if Pearl #2 dies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast