Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reading the forum I noticed that some have mentioned that they have replaced their Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

piggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Who has replaced their Pearl and why?

Advertisement

Reading the forum I noticed that some have mentioned that they have replaced their Pearl and I though it would be interesting to see why. I, personally, am on Pearl No. 3.
    I returned my first Pearl after it suffered a screen 'whiteout' within 5 days of purchase.
    Pearl No. 2 just went back to Georgia after the T-Mobile techies and I couldn't figure out why it would continually drop off and reacquire bluetooth headsets. Both of them. Initially I thought it was just the Motorola headset that was old, but it did it to the new Plantronics and after reloading the software and getting no good results, it went in the box back home yesterday.
    Pearl No. 3 has no problem with either bluetooth headset so far, now it's issue is Blackberry Messenger. Never a dull moment!
    So, who else had issues big enough to replace their Pearl?

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Who has replaced their Pearl and why?

I had to replace mine maybe after 3 days of getting it because the camera didn't work. They did a quick swap and I was on my way.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Mine shut down after upgrading the OS (wasn't really aware of JL_Cmdr or I would probably still have it LOL). This was back in April of this year. I ALMOST had to call T-Mobile and ask them to ship me BB Pearl # 3 because it did the same thing last week. Fortunately I was able to wipe my BB and reload the OS.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

BB pearl #1 the part where the charger attaches fell out; BB #2 the pearl trackball died would not light up...I am now on BB pearl #3 lets see what will happen to this one...
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

beemreatr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2408c2db

I had to replace mine afte two weeks for a bad track ball. Got a new one and now with washing my hands after using the bathroom I am scrolling away!

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

I Never replaced or changed mine, its been working great scence about a month ago, when i stoped fidling around woth firmware and apps, just installed waht i need, and add when required. So for me i stay faithful one. But I do think of getting Either a Windows mobile 6 device due to better office 1007 and mobile unit interaction, RIM need to get on that, BB compatability hasent changed much, they just release new device each 2 months or so, then dont work on what matters to the customers most. BAck to the topic, i think ima get a full qwerty device, as much as i want WM6, i just cant think of living without BB, so...ughhh

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

i replaced mine 3 times. the first time was because it refused to charge. absolutely refused. then the 2nd time it was because of the bluetooth as well as the initial poster of this thread. it did not keep the connection. they tried to tell me it was because my bluetooth headset was older, at the time i had an hs850 and when i purchased a new h700 it still did not work. it was sent back to ultimately receive the 3rd pearl that is functioning well.

etrackp no está en línea Stack level 2

my first pearl was dropped and went completly dead...which sucked b/c i had only had it for about 3 months and it wasnt even a big drop...got the 2nd pearl and water was splashed or i should say trickled onto it and the entire circuit board was fried. i love the pearl and i loved the functionality of the phone but for me, im used to having rugged phones that can withstand a little rougher lifestyle so i decided not to get a 3rd one...the pearls i used were just too "wimpy" for me i guess, lol

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

I've had 3 pearls, and my gf's had 2, and never had any issues with them. The only reason I went througgh 3 of them was because there's 3 different colours! Started with the black, went to a white, and then a red. My gf had a black, and now a red.
    I'm on to a Curve now, and when different colours come out for that, I'll switch it up too!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

I'm on # 2. My 1st one had issues with the pearl and the right chrome side piece was loose. The space button squeaked too. This new one seems fine though. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

My 1st was doa, no signal
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

i am on pearl #2 because my dog chewed my first one

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    Funny, that kept happening to my homework!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Pearl #2 because the silver clasp that holds the battery cover on, popped out.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    lol! damned Pearls, they're so susceptible to dog teeth! RIM needs to make a device that can withstand some mild chewing.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast