Ok i been reading the forums religiously for tips and tricks. I've noticed a quite ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

goowakjai no está en línea Stack level 1

Who else went from a Moto Ming to a Pearl or any BB?

Advertisement

Ok i been reading the forums religiously for tips and tricks.
    I've noticed a quite a few member have gone from a Moto Ming /a1200 to a Pearl or any other blackberry.

So basically i'm a phone whore ive had like 13 phones since 2000 yes sick huh?

but i tend to change every few months. My first BB was an 8700g which I loved but couldn't stand the bulkiness and felt that I needed a normal size phone. (Back then pearls were like brand spanking new and i wasn't able to upgrade). So I sold the 8700 and got a Moto Razr V3x very cool phone better firmware actually had that for about a month. At the time there was one phone I was dying to have and it was the motorola Ming / a1200. FINALLY some guy on craigslist offered to trade even with me. After about 2 days I understood why...man touchscreen only phones are such a pain in the A$$ to use.. I hated it...i hated it so much that i took my sim card out an put it in my busted up BB 7105 that will only charge w/o a sim card. So now I find some other guy who buys this phone from me thank god. Now i'm going to the tmo store with the midset of buying a dash, i walk to the guy and say i'd like to buy a dash, he says "i'm not selling you a dash" wtf? so he gives me the whole nine about how crappy it is it will crash on you left and right and convinced me to buy a pearl. Thank you god for him...I love this phone....i'm back to my blackberry roots.

Sorry for the long post but might be an enjoyable read if you have a story i'd love to hear them.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Who else went from a Moto Ming to a Pearl or any BB?

Interesting reading. Thanks for your thoughts.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

acaijr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2066c6e8

I had the moto ming and done all the lil tweaks u could to it n i thought it was a nice phone.... BUT..... Having to pull out tha damn stylus every 2 mins to send a text was drivn me crazy that n the fact i wanted push mail and it doesnt support push.... It had a couple of programs that id love to see the BB Pearl have n that was CHANGE RING (every time my phone rang or i got an SMS the songs changed) and BLACK LIST ( Call Blocking Program)..... Otha wise than that id take the Pearl ova the Ming n e day...
    PIN:2066C6E8 (NEWEST)
    PIN:2057C6C1 (NEW)
    PIN:2057C87A (OLD)

TheCow no está en línea Stack level 2

i came from a black ming also. still have it actually. i like the phone and it was a great conversation piece as nobody had ever seen anything like it. i had it for just about a year. i too just got tired of the touch screen factor. driving and trying to answer calls or text sucked.

i chose the pearl cause it had acutal button to push and was compact as compared to the dash. i was also looking at the MDA but the sales rep said to stay away from them. so here i sit with my pearl, loving evey minute of it.

TheCow no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Interesting reading. Thanks for your thoughts.

Rcbjr.
    not to go off topic but i see the Mini logo, do you own one? i ask cause i work for a BMW/Mini/Vw dealer