hey guys i just purchased my first blackberry its a pearl 8120 where do i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

qadir no está en línea Stack level 1

who can help

Advertisement

hey guys i just purchased my first blackberry its a pearl 8120 where do i start to enjoy my phone whats hot whats not i'm really liking this platform so far

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    A good place to start for apps you can enjoy on your new 8120 is here . You will find many apps and tools that will add to your device.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Themes are always a good place to start(in my opinion)and we have some great theme designers right here.Apps are mostly preferences but I would recommend yahoo go or live search for a multi purpose uses app.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok. So where do I start. There's a nimber of apps that make your BB experience a whole lot better. First start off by downloading blackberry app world. There you can find a whole lotta free and paid apps that are awsome. Then there's pandora internet radio which is awsome and its free. I have superpages mobile which Is yellowpages, myspace for blackberry, peekawho which is an pop up app that shows you txt and email and the sender who sent it from your address book or email. BluCNTRL which allows you to control your computer through bluetooth and turns your berry into a mouse and keyboard. I have 2 web browsers other than the BB default browser, they are bolt and opera mini. Both have great benefits. Then there's xberry live. If your a hardcore xbox live gamer this app is awsome it shows yours and your friends gamer tags and achievements. Then there's a number of games. I have tetris, orcs & elves II, golden axe, pacman, guitar hero III and guitar hero world tour. There are a lot more apps for your berry. You will come to be called what we BB owners call ourselves. Crackberry's. Enjoy the rest of your life with your new love.

question might sound dumb but is the 8120 only able to access the www with wi-fi or can it use another browser like edge or gprs

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can use wifi when you are at home or in a wifi hotspot and you will get the fastest browsing speeds. The phone will automatically push over to EDGE/edge when you are not in a wifi hotspot and you can still browse the net as you will be using your carriers network. Make sense?

yes i got that but some how i don't get any coverage without my wi-fi and i paid for an unlimited package from my network

Themetria no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by qadir View Post
    yes i got that but some how i don't get any coverage without my wi-fi and i paid for an unlimited package from my network
    Welcome to PinStack, Qadir!

It sounds as though data services is not turned on. In the main menu, open Options and then open Mobile Network Options and ensure that Data Services is set to 'on' and check that you have service books listed on your device for Internet services. This can be found in Optus under Advanced Options and then Service Books.

Hopefully this fixes your connectivity woes.

thanks a lot hope this helps