okay, i know everyone has their opinions about the white pearl, my opinion is that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

White Pearl Housing!

Advertisement

okay, i know everyone has their opinions about the white pearl, my opinion is that it is pretty clean looking, as i prefer the white xbox 360 over the black xbox, or the white psp over the black psp, maybe its because black just shows up more smudges and dust.

however, even though i "like" the white pearl look, i don't feel its rational to buy one, but rather just find a housing that i can switch back and forth between the white and the black depending on what i feel like at the moment. does anyone know if there are white housings? im not looking for skins but the actual housing that replicates the oem housing?

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: White Pearl Housing!

Doubtful, as the keys are white as well...

well usually when people sell them as a set, they come with the front, back and key pad as well, i had the treos for a while and it took a while for them to start selling oem cases other than sticker decals, and they sold the key pads as well in one package, i was just hoping to find an online store or something that started to sell them since the white pearl is out now.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

That's as close as your gonna get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/For-Blackberry-8...QQcmdZViewItem

BLUEHEFNER no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    Thanks! I'm about to order it now just to see...I like the ability to take it off...neat

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

It really pisses me off that they don't just sell housings for the pearl. I mean, cellphones are with most people getting used and abused nearly 24-7, their "wear surfaces" should be replaceable, like car tires, and soles of shoes used to be. And I'm 100% opposed to all these cases and shells and crap. In addition to detracting from the look of device, they increase its size. We're all paying lots of money so RIM can pay someone to design a cool-looking phone, why cover it up with saran wrap and tinfoil. That's just like your grandma covering her couch in plastic and never sitting on it. Design a device either robust enough to take the punishment it is intended to endure, or make the wear surfaces like screen and buttons cheaply replaceable. I haven't found anybody selling housings for less than 50% of the retail price of the whole freaking phone. Over 100 bucks for four pieces of plastic and a keyboard!? Once the molds are tooled, these things should cost RIM literally pennies a piece. Why not supply people who _already bought your product_ the parts they need to maintain that product's appearance and condition at an affordable price. I suspect the answer is that RIM receives money from aftermarket suppliers of shells and skins and junk who only make money by exploiting the fact that that we are sold a product that's made to scratch, dent, and scuff through normal usage. Sorry to rant, but this drives me crazy.

^^^ i totally agree with you, you know how often these phones get banged up, and who wants a hurkin huge bullet proof case that defeats the purpose of the sleekness of such a phone?

rather someone should start just selling some identical oem housings for this phone in different colors, especially since the housing is just cheap plastic.

i heard that tmobile is coming out with a metal red pearl, but thats just a rumor, but man if they had the keys, back plate and face plate in like: gun metal, chrome, white, rust orange, blues, etc that would be soooo nice.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

The red pearl is coming out!!!! Check the link below:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...g-to-t-mobile/

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

eeeew red? looks like you work at target...

nidserz no está en línea Stack level 1

anybody know where i can find full white housing for the pearl?
    i swearched everywhere cant find any
    thanks in advance

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I don't think any places are carrying the white housing replacement...yet.

I would keep checking cnn.cn to see if they ever get it in.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

unfortunately from the communication ive had as of late with individuals at 2 other locale's the parts for the colored pearls are unavailable at this time.

i got that response from pdaparts.com & bbrepairshop.com (vp of something or another responded to my email)

so, we can just keep wishing.

the bad part about this is, i dont want to take my white phone out until they:
    1) either come out with the housings/parts/light chrome rails OR
    2) buy a huge honkin otterbox case to cover the baby up...which as another poster said, "deafeats" the entire purpose of having this cool looking white phone.

booo!

fyi: cnn.cn only sells parts that are compatable with the black pearls.

kpipalldaway no está en línea Stack level 1

my bussy has a white one

JMUTH no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: White Pearl Housing!

hey everyone,

i work for tmobile as a retail sales rep and it does suck to know that we dont sell housings for phones but has anyone tried ebay..i have a red pearl and im looking to have a white one i kinda got sick of the colored phone really quick..well ive been googling white pearl housing and im getting no where except for an import company in china sells them but the min. you have to order is 500 pieces so that stupid but i will keep you posted if i find something...

ong-gia no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    It really pisses me off that they don't just sell housings for the pearl. I mean, cellphones are with most people getting used and abused nearly 24-7, their "wear surfaces" should be replaceable, like car tires, and soles of shoes used to be. And I'm 100% opposed to all these cases and shells and crap. In addition to detracting from the look of device, they increase its size. We're all paying lots of money so RIM can pay someone to design a cool-looking phone, why cover it up with saran wrap and tinfoil. That's just like your grandma covering her couch in plastic and never sitting on it. Design a device either robust enough to take the punishment it is intended to endure, or make the wear surfaces like screen and buttons cheaply replaceable. I haven't found anybody selling housings for less than 50% of the retail price of the whole freaking phone. Over 100 bucks for four pieces of plastic and a keyboard!? Once the molds are tooled, these things should cost RIM literally pennies a piece. Why not supply people who _already bought your product_ the parts they need to maintain that product's appearance and condition at an affordable price. I suspect the answer is that RIM receives money from aftermarket suppliers of shells and skins and junk who only make money by exploiting the fact that that we are sold a product that's made to scratch, dent, and scuff through normal usage. Sorry to rant, but this drives me crazy.

Man! You just gave me something else to be bitter about!! You are right on with this, and I have to say it is unlike me to be so behind in finding things to be outraged about when it comes to be mistreated by corporations! Eff the man! I'm not even kidding. Eff that guy.