Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This would be a great poll! Overall I prefer tmo. Great cust support, the coverage ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Re: Which service is better Cingular or T-mobile?

Advertisement

This would be a great poll!
    Overall I prefer tmo. Great cust support, the coverage its not too bad here. I,ve never had an issue with signal.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I am a long time T-Mo customer that made the switch just under 18 months back and am looking forward to the end of my contract in March. I am currently on cingular and coverage wise have the same amount of service as I did with T-Mo. My issues all have to do with billing and customer support. As others have stated, I feel like I am being nickeled and dimed with every bill I get from Cingular/at&t when I could actually budget and feel safe using easypay on T-Mo. I can't stand not being able to call customer care at any time (lost my phone at 8 PM one time and thankfully knew some guys in the mall that were still open and could change my sim card over since customer care was closed). The guys I deal with at the store for customer care are overall pretty good and help in every way they can but I have had issues dealing with call-in customer care (I sold Cingular for over 10 years until this past January and have sold T-Mo since they were Voicestream and entered into the DFW market). Even as a dealer it was tough getting a hold of the right person to help you out when calling in to customer care for Cingular. With T-Mo I have had very few issues (there are always those that don't want to work) with solving customer's problems when they had them.

Zo

shimey no está en línea Stack level 2

One more vote for Tmobile. Been with them since Voicestream. Love em. Coverage is excellent where I live and Customer Service is BOMBER.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

I've switched companies quite often... First had ATT (before the whole Cingular, New ATT) then T-Mobile, then Verizon, and I'm back to T-Mobile. In the meantime my fiance has used ATT when it was Cingular and currently uses it with the New ATT.

Now I'd have to say T-Mobile, as I haven't had any issues with them over the years. I've switched back and forth to get the newest phones and what not, but at this point with an 8100 I don't think I'll be switching anywhere else, it's just always been quite a hassle. T-Mobile also generally seems to have the cheaper plans.

ATT seems to always have billing issues with us, when I had my Sony Ericsson T86 (I think it was), I'd have to call and get things corrected. My fiance to this date still gets charged for various things like "Roadside assistance and early nights" which was never asked for in the first place, and is still being added even after stoping by stores and calling. (She is looking for a new carrier).

Verizon was ok, but I don't like being locked to their phones and the ability to go out of the country (USA) and use the phone is near impossible.

lilmouse no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B58D6B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ i have US Cellular. I pay $89/monthly for 1000 min + $40 for bb unlimited data service + $10 for 500 text messages. I added my husband's phone as a second line which is additional money. I think my bill is somewhere around $160/month. I think it's time to look for a more affordable plan.
    T-Mobile looks to be a good deal from what i read here. I'm in Chicago, and Verizon seems to be popular here. I heard they charge a ton of money for bb service. Are there any other threads in the forum for good deals for cellphone plans? Thanks.

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

It all depends on the area too. Not just the provider. My old brother-in-law had cingular and I have t-mobile. Some spots he didn't get coverage and I did, some spots I didn't and he did. I think if you're in a metro area, it'll be the same.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I've had AT&T and I like them. The people in BB support seem to know what they're doing. Plus they let me upgrade to a BB for the discount cost when I was only 9 months into my contract.

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have tmo.. I just switched from Cingular not even a month ago. You definitely can't beat the prices, and my service is around, maybe only a bar below cingulars service at times. I'm very satisfied with them so far.

God I love typing on this phone lol
    Last edited by klubhead; 08-14-2007 at 11:10 AM.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Been on T-Mobile for many years. Have friends and colleagues who have use Verizon, AT&T/Cingular and Sprint. Every year, when my contract is up, I compare notes with others, read dozens of reviews/blogs/message boards for my coverage area, and compare prices. I keep coming back to T-Mobile.

Customer service on T-Mobile beats all others - period. One poster thought the emphasis on this pointed to problems - but that's just not the case. For those of us who work long hours and often can't drop work to deal with personal cell phone account questions and service changes, it's great to know that I can get home, eat dinner, get my kids to bed - and then call T-Mobile customer care to take care of my personal account - at 10pm or at 5am or whenever it's convenient. They're there, and they're really good.

I work in various office buildings in NYC (consultant), from Wall Street and Water Street up through mid-town (east and west) and offices on the upper West Side. No problems with coverage at all - none. As a matter of fact, I've often found the T-Mobile signal seems to be available when I'm in an inner office of a large building (far from the windows) when colleagues on other carriers have lost their signal. T-Mobile has been fantastic in the city.

I live in central NJ, and often travel from Washington, DC up through New England - and T-Mobile has been excellent virtually everywhere I travel. The only exceptions that I've run into have been one or two tiny (2 block long) dead spots in West Windsor, NJ, the back of a couple of giant stores (Acme, for example) that seem impervious to radio waves, and a 2 block long stretch on route 206 in Princeton where the township doesn't allow cell towers (nobody gets a signal there with any carrier).

The only downside I've seen to T-Mobile is that they don't get as many sexy new subsidized phones as quickly as AT&T/Cingular. But considering that I've saved a bundle (hundreds of dollars) over the last 8 or 9 years by using T-Mobile, it's been a great trade off. I've owned (and own) several unlocked phones, including my Curve - and the savings has helped fund this.

Also: several of my consulting clients use Cingular/AT&T, and the most common complaint I've heard is that billing can become a horrendous mess. One client in particular showed me bills that run about $6,000 a month that, despite numerous face-to-face meetings with their account manager, still include charges for lines that have been cancelled and old accounts that were supposedly merged with the current account. This one client of mine has been fighting this, along with incessant turn off notices, for months. They also keep getting bounced from one person to another, with their account rep telling them that he can't resolve these issues, etc. If it were my company, I would have moved them off AT&T months ago.

Overall: great experience with T-Mobile, including price, service, lack of outages. The only times (two?) that I had questions about items on my bill, the T-Mobile customer care rep dropped the questionned items, and also gave me a bundle of free minutes "for my trouble". I was blown away.

As I said: I keep reevaluating every year - and for about 8 years now, I keep coming back to T-Mobile.

Everyone's coverage needs are different. That has to be your first consideration. All other things being equal, though, I would recommend T-Mobile.

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

tmo works off the at&t network while in roam. if you get the national plan you will have great coverage. i live in nc and wouldn't have any other service.
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've never had tmo before, but since I work offshore, the only carrier that picks up service 200 miles out in the gulf, is Cingular, I actually get better service out there most of the time than I do at my house, so at&t all the way for me!

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Is it me or do T-Mobile pearl users seem to complain more about thier Pearl than AT&T users?

I'm not talking about wireless coverage here, I'm talking about the OS in general. These "disappearing SMS, call logs", "call quality", "ringer volume", and what not all seem to be coming from T-Mobile users?

I have absolutely no scientific proof of my claims, but I've noticed T-Mobile users rejoicing for that new OS .103, yet we AT&T users have had stable OS releases and haven't complained about anything or NEED an OS upgrade.

Are my thoughts valid?

Edit: Just found this cool link where you can actualy see the cell phone towers around your neighborhood and who owns them:
    http://www.cellreception.com/towers/
    Perhaps that could influence your decision?
    Last edited by SDEEDY; 08-14-2007 at 06:08 PM.

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by SDEEDY
    Is it me or do T-Mobile pearl users seem to complain more about thier Pearl than AT&T users?

I'm not talking about wireless coverage here, I'm talking about the OS in general. These "disappearing SMS, call logs", "call quality", "ringer volume", and what not all seem to be coming from T-Mobile users?

I have absolutely no scientific proof of my claims, but I've noticed T-Mobile users rejoicing for that new OS .103, yet we AT&T users have had stable OS releases and haven't complained about anything or NEED an OS upgrade.

Are my thoughts valid?

Edit: Just found this cool link where you can actualy see the cell phone towers around your neighborhood and who owns them:
    http://www.cellreception.com/towers/
    Perhaps that could influence your decision?
    There have been a few issues w/ the AT&T pearl, but I think you are correct. TMo seams to wave 3 times as many.....

ski837547 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ray244190
    tmo works off the at&t network while in roam. if you get the national plan you will have great coverage. i live in nc and wouldn't have any other service.
    T-Mobile only roams on AT&T in select locations.

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

I never had any issues other than the service light. And the deletion thing was from the os. I think my 8100 is solid now, ever since the .101 os.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast