Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

ya know when it comes down to it, some people like tmo, some like at&t ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Which service is better Cingular or T-mobile?

Advertisement

ya know when it comes down to it, some people like tmo, some like at&t and usually what it comes down to is where you are; first issue is coverage, second issue is price/plans, third issue is Customer service/inconvenience. and weighing all these for me and my area (Las Vegas) I think tmo is the best

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Really the first reply has been the best one except for one thing, check what is best for your area, your needs, and talk to people that use each provider in the places you would be using your phone. When you talk to people you have to take into account what phone they are using however. For example for the Cingular users that have that tiny microscopic silver flip phone, I forget whats its called, you can automatically discount their horror stories of bad coverage, their antenna is terrible.

As far as what I need and in my area T-mobile is awesome, I've been with them since it was Voicestream. I just wish their signal extended into the mountain canyons like cingular does. Tmo doesn't usually expand thier signal into areas like that but sticks to more urban areas.

rlerwin no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by mizzerrob
    Brooklyn, NY. I've had Cingular/AT&T for years. The phone coverage is great. Never get any drops. Even get a signal in the Poconos. The BB coverage is also great. I'm on the BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) - there's a 5-7 minute delay in getting e-mails forwarded to my BB from my office email. I pay $34.99 for 450 anytime minutes, $29.99 for unlimited data and $4.99 for 200 text messages per month. Hope this helps.
    I've got that same plan minus the txt mssg (pay as I go). I've had just about every carrier out there, but went to Cingular about 3 years ago. LOVE the rollover minutes....it allows me to stay on a lower mthly plan and yet I always have tons of minutes to spare!! (Now that Cingular is the "new AT&T" I am a little hesitant. I wasn't a big ATT fan, so I hope they don't screw up.)

The main reason, tho, that I went to Cingular is that I live in Hawaii and there is very spotty coverage (mountains and all). Cingular has gotten me coverage in areas that everyone else's phone has died! So, altho I know T-mobile is cheaper, I won't be changing. As for the customer service....wouldn't know as I've never had to call them in the 3 years I've been with them.

rdc2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

From the NY Times review of the iphone

The bigger problem is the AT&T network. In a Consumer Reports study, AT&T’s signal ranked either last or second to last in 19 out of 20 major cities. My tests in five states bear this out. If Verizon’s slogan is, “Can you hear me now?” AT&T’s should be, “I’m losing you.”

AT&T's "fewest dropped calls" campaign is basically a big fat lie. It is the old school marketing technique of taking you're worst attribute and advertising the opposite.

Like everyone says, it comes down to the coverage map of your area and the places you frequent. I had AT&T for four years and switched to TMO for the Pearl and the better rates, service and company. I could not be happier with them.

It ain't easy these days, but getting away from Big Brother is always a good thing.

jen86fur no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20f7ac61

Thumbs up Re: Which service is better Cingular or T-mobile?

TMO is the best...been with them for 5 years and havent had any issues that they couldnt fix =] and plus they are the only ones with the white pearl =]

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Quote Originally Posted by mizzerrob
    Brooklyn, NY. I've had Cingular/AT&T for years. The phone coverage is great. Never get any drops. Even get a signal in the Poconos. The BB coverage is also great. I'm on the BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) - there's a 5-7 minute delay in getting e-mails forwarded to my BB from my office email. I pay $34.99 for 450 anytime minutes, $29.99 for unlimited data and $4.99 for 200 text messages per month. Hope this helps.
    Los Angeles here and singal is great here. Can be spotty at some places but than again I live in a area that is near the coast and a hill on the other side and no, and i mean NO company gets signal where I live. But I love how t-mobile is really really cheap on there plans.

I pay $39.99 for 1000 minutes, $19.99 for unlimited data and $9.99 for unlimited text per month so my bill come out to be 70 bucks before tax. Thats is pretty damn good i must say.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Ok sorry about having to sperate them I cant go beyond 50 images. So here is a customer rating on www.comsumerreports.com for the best customer service in your are.

Ratings Cell-phone service

Within metro areas, in order of reader score.
    CompanyReader scoreSurvey results

ATLANTA
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Cingular
    Sprint
    BOSTON
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Cingular
    Sprint
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

your post is confusing...

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

hmm...atlanta and boston

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

so tmobile is excellent and the best in atlanta? and tmobile is the best in boston?
    or is it verizon for atlanta? and verizon for boston?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2000
    From the NY Times review of the iphone

The bigger problem is the AT&T network. In a Consumer Reports study, AT&T’s signal ranked either last or second to last in 19 out of 20 major cities. My tests in five states bear this out. If Verizon’s slogan is, “Can you hear me now?” AT&T’s should be, “I’m losing you.”

AT&T's "fewest dropped calls" campaign is basically a big fat lie. It is the old school marketing technique of taking you're worst attribute and advertising the opposite.

Like everyone says, it comes down to the coverage map of your area and the places you frequent. I had AT&T for four years and switched to TMO for the Pearl and the better rates, service and company. I could not be happier with them.

It ain't easy these days, but getting away from Big Brother is always a good thing.
    It's all a play on words, and thier definition of a dropped call. Thier definition of a dropped call is when you have perfect signal and the call drops. Low signal does not factor into it. According to them if you have less then 4 bars and a call drops off it is a signal issue not a dropped call.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by scoope
    I would NEVER use AT&T! - The reason being, going back a few years AT&T "slammed" my land line phone service not just once but several times. AT&T blamed "rogue telemarketers" I interpreted underhand policy!
    I can understand -- though technically the AT&T you're talking about and the current at&t aren't really the same company.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    funny how ppl keep bringing up customer service...i guess i must be one of the rare ones but to be honest im not really sure how cingulars customer service is
    In a word: inconsistent. To expand on that, it tends toward the poor end. There are definitely good at&t CSR's but most of them clearly aren't properly trained or educated. Roughly 80% of our BB's are TMO. However, most of our calls are with at&t for various reasons. Not only that, but it seems that the average call to at&t takes much longer than the average call to TMO to resolve. Odds are very good that most issues can be resolved with a level 1 TMO CSR. We've had many calls where we've had to argue with at&t reps only to find in the end that the issues was precisely where we told them it was in the first place.

Of course, YMMW. Plenty of people have great experiences with at&t's CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominiswiss
    at&t gets better reception
    Where?? These claims are meaningless unless qualified with a city. Even within a city any given carrier's coverage can vary to a wide degree. Again, coverage varies by market and even within markets. Anyone claiming otherwise is with the carrier's marketing group or a carrier fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by james0116
    Bear in mind that even though both companies supposedly share cells in CA and NY, I did find that for some reason the coverage was not exactly the same. No worse or better, some areas worked better on AT&T others for T-Mo, but different no less. Didn't make sense to me
    Do they use the same frequencies or just the same towers? 850 seems to penetrate buildings better but it also generates more interference with electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by micherooo
    Coverage is great for me, just check T-Mobile's coverage maps.
    Again, do not rely on coverage maps. Use the trial period with your new carriers. TMO's street level maps indicate that my house has "good" coverage. I can't place or receive calls inside or out. The maps are only useful for showing you the coverage you "should" get.

Quote Originally Posted by rlerwin
    I've got that same plan minus the txt mssg (pay as I go). I've had just about every carrier out there, but went to Cingular about 3 years ago. LOVE the rollover minutes....it allows me to stay on a lower mthly plan and yet I always have tons of minutes to spare!! (Now that Cingular is the "new AT&T" I am a little hesitant. I wasn't a big ATT fan, so I hope they don't screw up.)
    The usefulness of rollover really depends on your usage patterns. I'm at a point where the next plan below isn't near enough even with rollover and with my current plan I just constantly accumulate rollover minutes that never get used.

Also, at&t isn't AT&T. The current at&t was SBC before they acquired the old AT&T. I've been an SBC customer in the past and I can't really say that they're any better though...
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-14-2007 at 10:40 PM.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had AT&T wireless and was very unhappy. Even in NYC. I travel a lot and have had great luck with TMO. The only city where TMO is bad is Kansas City. Otherwise, I have had near flawless coverage in every other metro area.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

Quote Originally Posted by nealpolshuk
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had AT&T wireless and was very unhappy. Even in NYC. I travel a lot and have had great luck with TMO. The only city where TMO is bad is Kansas City. Otherwise, I have had near flawless coverage in every other metro area.
    lol and here i thought i was doing all right with my TMO in KC!!! Must be AMAZING other places b/c i seem to have very few select places where i don't have service! And it seems on the Missouri side the more farther east of KC you get the better the coverage! Over all i'm totally satisfied with my TMO (not that I'd have much of a choice, work pays for my plan!!!!)

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3

I just switched from Cingular/at&t to TMO. I find the quality to be about the same. Like others, I made the switch based on cost. The $19.99/month data plan easily beats at&t and I think the voice plan had some savings too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast