Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Brooklyn, NY. I've had Cingular/AT&T for years. The phone coverage is great. Never get any ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mizzerrob no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Which service is better Cingular or T-mobile?

Advertisement

Brooklyn, NY. I've had Cingular/AT&T for years. The phone coverage is great. Never get any drops. Even get a signal in the Poconos. The BB coverage is also great. I'm on the BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) - there's a 5-7 minute delay in getting e-mails forwarded to my BB from my office email. I pay $34.99 for 450 anytime minutes, $29.99 for unlimited data and $4.99 for 200 text messages per month. Hope this helps.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

i'm in westchester county, ny and i havent been in an area without service, yet (AT&T). (except for maybe scarsdale...but i dont care WHAT service provider you have .... no one has service there lol)
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

cdkg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2453AA38

Wow, thanks for all the responses. I figured I get some great input but I didn't full expect this many replies. T-mobile works very well in my area. And while the cingular/ATT map says it doesn't cover my area I know for a fact it does as my friend has a razr on cingular/ATT. Right now I'm leaning heavily toward T-mobile. In fact I might drive down a little later this morning and seal the deal.

Thanks for all the input and I look forward to joining you all more often once I get my pearl.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

good luck with Tmo.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jkrums
    Personally, I would recommend tmo! They work well in most areas. They won't nickel and dime you to death, and they are superior for international roaming. I pay the least amount for international use than my colleagues on Cingular(att).
    I was with two other carriers (L.A. area) before, and felt I was getting nickle and dimed at every turn, and the service was awful!

I've been with TMO now for about three years, as well as my wife, and have NO complaints! Excellent customer service, the bill comes each month and is exactly what I expect it to be, and great service in my area!

I don't plan to switch any time soon.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cdkg
    Which service is better Cingular or T-mobile?
    You know, the answer is always the same for any "Which is best?" question regardless of what you're talking about. The best is what fits your needs the best. In this case, whichever carrier has the better coverage where you need it. Keep in mind that coverage is your top concern with any wireless device. Cheaper plans, better CS and better device selection are gravy but your BB is an expensive paperweight if the carrier's network doesn't give you signal where you need it.

There's no way to make any meaningful blanket statements about coverage so you'll just have to check out real world coverage in your area. Don't rely on coverage maps to give you an accurate idea of what coverage is really like because the maps can't account for every possible factor affecting coverage. As an example, TMO's street level maps show that my house is in a "GOOD" area but signal is totally unusable even outdoors. This is precisely why I'm with at&t despite TMO's better pricing and customer service -- I don't have land lines at home and at&t has excellent coverage here. I'm in central Houston so don't buy into the common (mistaken) assumption that all carriers have good coverage in major cities. On the other hand, when I visit family in the Fort Lauderdale area TMO seems to have excellent coverage everywhere. YMMV as coverage really varies quite a bit.

Be sure to fully test things out during your trial period with any new carrier as it's your only chance to back out and switch to another without paying the ETF.

At&t charges more siimply because they can. There's nothing inherently better about their voice or BB service.
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-12-2007 at 12:06 PM.

scoope no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: Which service is better Cingular or T-mobile?

I'm on Tmo and have no problems. I have found the customer service to be very helpful and polite.

I would NEVER use AT&T! - The reason being, going back a few years AT&T "slammed" my land line phone service not just once but several times. AT&T blamed "rogue telemarketers" I interpreted underhand policy!

In my opinion AT&T has no conscience and I hold grudges!

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0
    I know Cingular/AT&T offers a trial period. Perhaps TMo does too and you can see for yourself.
    yes, it is 15 days.

in the end, it all depends on where one lives and where one travels... as well as how much they want to shell out.

right now, until the end of the month, t-mo has a promotion for 1000 minutes + nights/weekends for $39.99...

mak4a2veli0 no está en línea Stack level 2

T-Mobile is where it's at.

They always help out when issues and have sent me 2 replacement blackberry's already due to issues with no problems..
    <center><b><big><font color=red>Holla atcha boy...</b></big></font></center>

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

TMO for me

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

ATT works for me!

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

funny how ppl keep bringing up customer service...i guess i must be one of the rare ones but to be honest im not really sure how cingulars customer service is cause ive only had to call them once in years and that was just to get the APN number to tether my pearl. they gave it to me and i was done.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

good point....the fact that so many people are calling tmobile's customer service says something haha!

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i have cingular . .and im paying about 150. . . but thats for unlimited everything. . . is that good. . .idk. . . .for the same plan . . .whut is T-mo charging?

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    funny how ppl keep bringing up customer service...i guess i must be one of the rare ones but to be honest im not really sure how cingulars customer service is cause ive only had to call them once in years and that was just to get the APN number to tether my pearl. they gave it to me and i was done.
    i stop by the store and bs with the employees sometimes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast