Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

I'm taking the leap from a 8703e to a pearl. From what I see cingular ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cdkg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2453AA38

Which service is better Cingular or T-mobile?

Advertisement

I'm taking the leap from a 8703e to a pearl. From what I see cingular is quite a bit more expensive then T-mobile. Does anyone know why this is? I initially wanted to go with Cingular as they seem to get the newest (and coolest) phones first. But I just cant justify the difference in price. Am I missing something in regards to the obvious price difference?
    I'm looking to have at least 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited data and about 100 txt messages a month.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Which service is better Cingular or T-mobile?

I'd say take a look at the coverage map for where you live, work, and travel and see which company works best for you. Personally, Cingular has gotten better coverage for me in places where I live, work, and travel but that can be different for each individual.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~att has better coverage and more phones. Tmobile is not bad but when I had them they were very spotty in coverage. But really its up to your needs and budget

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me

I think att is going to keep growing and getting better since they are buying everything up.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I've had at&t/cingular for years and seems to be the best for the area I'm in. Reason why they're more $? Dunno maybe more upkeep? More subscribers/cell towers? But if you do make sure you're on a blackberry plan cause the bonehead that set me up at the store didn't, cause the unlimited data is cheaper than unlimited for other phones and it includes, i think, 1500 sms's.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I personally prefer Tmo, I love their 24/7 tech support, very affordable plan, and good coverage (at least in my area)

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

my experience with t-mobile has been great. customer support is friendly. their blackberry techs will even help you set up your computer for tethering, which is included in the $19.99/mo they charge for unlimited data. i get great coverage in my area and everywhere i usually travel to... and i've never had a dropped call either.

plus, i got my pearl for free via letstalk.com with my 2yr contract with t-mo.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    I personally prefer Tmo, I love their 24/7 tech support, very affordable plan, and good coverage (at least in my area)
    Yeah me too I hav been with them for like 6+ or so years and I have had cingular/at&t I perfer tmo

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

No, no no! It's not Cingular anymore, it's the NEW AT&T!

I'm in NYC and support BlackBerries in lower Manhattan. AT&T seems to have better coverage here. When I have to set up a T-Mobile BB, I have to find a window to get a strong enough signal for the device to register. With AT&T devices I can register them and sometimes even activate them OTA at my desk which is in an interior room - no windows.

That said, I work closely with a very demanding partner that swears by T-Mobile. He travels extensively, and has been with them for years - mostly because they were the first to have excellent global coverage. T-Mobile's rates seem to be generally more reasonable than AT&T, and they don't play silly games like prohibiting RIM Messenger clients !

AT&T gave our company cell phones after 9/11, and I got my first cell phone that way (brilliant move on AT&T's part - they were the OLD AT&T then!). I've since become entrenched with AT&T with four accounts with them (me, my wife, and my 2 kids), so it's unlikely I'll move, but if it didn't cost me I might be inclined to go with T-Mobile just because they are less restrictive than AT&T.
    JerryD

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86

Quote Originally Posted by cdkg
    I'm taking the leap from a 8703e to a pearl. From what I see cingular is quite a bit more expensive then T-mobile. Does anyone know why this is? I initially wanted to go with Cingular as they seem to get the newest (and coolest) phones first. But I just cant justify the difference in price. Am I missing something in regards to the obvious price difference?
    I'm looking to have at least 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited data and about 100 txt messages a month.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    T-Mobile rocks and is the best carrier there is. I've been with them for 4 years. You can get the Blackberry Unlimited Data Plan for $19.99 with a voice plan. You can also tether and use the Pearl as a modem with your laptop at no extra cost.

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

Personally, I would recommend tmo! They work well in most areas. They won't nickel and dime you to death, and they are superior for international roaming. I pay the least amount for international use than my colleagues on Cingular(att).

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

TMo is definately cheaper. But -- they don't have coverage at my house. Hence, I went with cingular.

It doesn't matter the plans cost or features if you cant use them. I know Cingular/AT&T offers a trial period. Perhaps TMo does too and you can see for yourself.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

No T-Mobile in the Carolinas (North or South) at all. They will support unlimited roaming if you have a plan and move here or travel here, but will not allow youn to sign up. I tried and they wouldn't do it (also they roam on Suncom towers here which are crap and very limited in coverage) so no T-mobile for me, although I tried. SOme of really have no choice.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

I like tmo because there isn't any gameplay when it comes to your bill. What you expect it to be is exactly what it will be , unless you change something. No suprizes.at least from my experiences.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Tmo is definitely cheaper but the service is crappy as well. There was a Tmo store near my house (a number of years back) that in order for them to activate ANY phone that was purchased, they had to walk down the block a little bit, just to get service.

Needless to say, they didnt last too long, there. lol

AT&T is MUCH better, IMO
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast