Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ive been looking at two PLantronics bluetooth headsets. The Voyager 510, which looks comforatable, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Which Plantronics Headset?

Advertisement

Ive been looking at two PLantronics bluetooth headsets. The Voyager 510, which looks comforatable, but big, and the Discovery 665, which is supposed to sound better. I dont have much money, so I was gonna get them from ebay. The 510 doesnt come with any of the ear adapters, and the 665 is missing the mid-sized adapter which with my luck will be the one I need. So as far as which is better over all, what do you guys think I should go with?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PLANTRONICS-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Plantronics-Disc...QQcmdZViewItem

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Which Plantronics Headset?

Haven't tried either of those. Personally I use the Plantronics Explorer 350 that comes with the usb charger and car charger but no ac adapter which I don't need cause it stays in my car most of the time. I'm very happy with it call quality is great and it fits snug on my ear. I previously returned a motorola cause it just flopped around on my ear. I think you have the right idea going with Plantronics though...good luck

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

I have both and the 510 battery has some wind noise reduction that helps in my car. The battery lasts up to 3 days. The 665 is very comfortable but battery dies in less than a day but has vibration. I use my 510 because of the battery life and I loaned my 665 to a girl that cares more about looks.

PIN/ID

Hows the sound quality on the 510? I like looks, ya, but Im more for functionality. As far as battery dieing in a day thats not much of a problem as I wouldnt use it way to much. Is there a huge difference in the sound quality on both ends between the two?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I can drive on the freeway with my window down using my 510 and the wife can hear me fine. It may not be the most stylish but it works.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I Have the 665 and its a great headset

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the 655 and used it for three months before I got tired of the static I incurred if I wasn't holding my phone or had it sitting away from my body in someway.

I bought the Aliph Jawbone which is just a bit more then the 655 .. the Jawbone ROCKS. I was driving at 50 mph with the windows down and the stereo playing Godsmack (at a reasonable volume) .. my wife could only hear me talking.

If you want a really good headset ... spend the slight bit extra and get the Jawbone. It works as adverted and it has been the best headset I've used with the Pearl. I've used five.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

i personally like the plantronics 320 it works a lot better than most other bluetooths that i've tried using, but thats just my opinion.
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the 340, and really like it. Comes with car charger and mini car clip to attach the headset to one of your a/c vents when you're not using it.

I've had the headset for months, but just got my Pearl a few days ago, and the Plantronics 340 works great with the bb. Voice commands work very well!

Headset charge also lasts for EVER! I've gone about a week before just deciding to recharge it so it wouldn't go dead, but it still showed a charge even after 7 days.

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

I have a Plantronics Discovery 640E and a Jabra BT 150 and I'll tell you the Plantronics feels, sounds, and looks a lot better than the Jabra. On the other hand my Jabra's battery lasts twice as long (Jabra about 4-5 days, Plantronics 2-3 days) and sound quality is almost as good as the Plantronics. The Plantronics has a battery charger for on the go, as opposed to only wall charger for Jabra. The Plantronics soft cushion ear bud is ok, it slips at times, but still pretty cool as opposed to the wrap around the ear piece on the Jabra, which hurts after about an hour of constant wear. I still use both of them, but if I had to choose one over the other, it would be the Plantronics 640.

Hope this Helps a bit!!
    Last edited by glenbrgss; 07-07-2007 at 08:22 PM.

PIN/ID

Thank you for the responses. Ill have to look up the jawbone and 340 when I get home from working, replying from my pearl right now.if anyone else has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

Both plantronics sound the same but yeah the static happens alot when the phone and the headset is opposite ends of the body. I have heard awsome reports of the jawbone but haven't forked the money for it yet. Sound on the plantronics is better than my moto ones.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I've used my 510 with 4 different BB models and it has performed really well with all of them. I've never had the static issues that people keep mentioning.

PIN/ID

I like the jawbone, but thats alot more money that I want to spend on a headset. So far Im stuck between the 510 and the 655. Reviews say theres no difference except chargeing options between the 665 and 655, and 655 is cheaper, so Id go with that. Just dont know what I want. 655 is alot nicer looking, and has that "AudioIQ" thing, but the 510 has better battery life and the wind reduction thing.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I've used the 510 for a couple years and have never had a problem with static. Not sure what people are talking about with this.

However, the 510 won for me based solely on the fact that it's supported by something that looks like a hearing aid. It's wide enough that it didn't hurt compared to the Motorola Plastic / wire thing that I could feel after only a few minutes. Also, since the ear piece doesn't support it, there is no pressure on the ear which was uncomfortable for me.

Regarding battery life, it lasts about the same as my phone. Since I have to charge the Pearl ever day, why not just charge the headset too?

Good luck! BT Headsets add a whole new dimension to talking while doing other things
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast