I want to upgrade to the 4.2.1.66 Telstra or the 4.2.1.67 Telefonica OS. Which one ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

Which OS is the best?

Advertisement

I want to upgrade to the 4.2.1.66 Telstra or the 4.2.1.67 Telefonica OS. Which one do you folks recommend i.e. the one with the least number of known issues. I have a black Pearl TMo....that I am presently running the 4.2.0.73 Cingular OS on. Browsing the net, using OperaMini, using the phone and texting and listening to music and watching videos are my primary interests. Of course I want to have the latest and most issue free OS out there.
    Your advice/input would be highly appreciated. People in the Stacks are just the best and most helpful!

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Which OS is the best?

haider, if you are not facing problems with .73, i suggest you stick to it for the time being. There are issues bugs with 1.66 and 1.67. .73 cingular seems the to be the most stable byfar.

Thanks superdad....the major reason i wanted to go to either one is that multiPlayer video will not work with the 73....and I watch videos on my Pearl and hate the fact that you can't get full screen on the Pearl's media player. I have installed the multiPlayer and mp3's play perfectly on it and you can also make different playlists on it....a nice feature.
    What are the major issues/bugs with either one and are they real deal breakers in your opinion? Of course if the problems really bother me I can go back to the 73. My recollection of some of the posts I have read on the topic are that the Italy tmo is the worst but the Telstra one has the fewest issues....is my recollection correct or am I mistaken? I believe Cherri was running that OS and said she could live with some of its peculiarities...

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Haider
    Thanks superdad....the major reason i wanted to go to either one is that multiPlayer video will not work with the 73....and I watch videos on my Pearl and hate the fact that you can't get full screen on the Pearl's media player. I have installed the multiPlayer and mp3's play perfectly on it and you can also make different playlists on it....a nice feature.
    What are the major issues/bugs with either one and are they real deal breakers in your opinion? Of course if the problems really bother me I can go back to the 73. My recollection of some of the posts I have read on the topic are that the Italy tmo is the worst but the Telstra one has the fewest issues....is my recollection correct or am I mistaken? I believe Cherri was running that OS and said she could live with some of its peculiarities...
    to be honest am on 1.66 and quite happy with it. many others seem to be having problems with it. issues like a 5 second delay before the other party can hear you. that could be a really frustrating. i dont have that problem strangely. opening pics from the media card takes a long time for me, am not sure if its a 1.66 issue. i think you should just take the plunge, give it a shot and as u said, u can always come back to .73.

Excellent....thank you superdad....the only question I have for you is whose version of 1.66 are you using? Telstra?

PIN/ID

telstra it is.

Telstra its going to be then.....thank you very much superdad. I'm going to do this today or tomorrow and let you know how my experience has been with this OS.... I really have been more than satisfied with the 73 but I think I'm craving some excitement and wishing to live dangerously! Wish me luck and here's to hoping nothing major goes wrong with the process 'cos I'll be really upset if it does. Sometimes, I wish I left well enough alone.....

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

there's something weird abt the telstra...why everytime I try to type a link in bb messenger, I got an error??
    Gtalk:bobhammer
    Yahoo:bobhammer3
    Msn:bobhammer3

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Haider
    Telstra its going to be then.....thank you very much superdad. I'm going to do this today or tomorrow and let you know how my experience has been with this OS.... I really have been more than satisfied with the 73 but I think I'm craving some excitement and wishing to live dangerously! Wish me luck and here's to hoping nothing major goes wrong with the process 'cos I'll be really upset if it does. Sometimes, I wish I left well enough alone.....
    all the best haider. lemme know how it went.. dont forget to delete vendor.xml

Thanks for the good wishes superdad. Hehe...good reminder that one about the vendor.xml file....I'd already forgotten....I guess I'm nervous about the whole deal right now that's probably why....Cheers

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

I have yet to take the plunge, but have been following some of the thread info carefully.

It seems to me that people who have done a full wipe with Jl-CMDR have had the least complaints and often no bugs, whereas those who don't get very frustrated.

There is also an interesting link, that I don't have time to find for you right now, about combining TIM italy and Telstra. Something about loading one over the other, that was very free of problems (best of both?). It didn't seem that complicated, as I recall.

Let me know how it goes! I will do it sometime.

fjl1977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0A975

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am using the Italy one and am happy to report no problems at all. I will probably check out the latest tmobile os when that finally becomes available

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobhammer
    there's something weird abt the telstra...why everytime I try to type a link in bb messenger, I got an error??
    This happened to me too on the TIM Italy OS. I usually type PinStack.com if I want to give someone the link to this site.

r2d2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ED8B14

I use 4.2.0.71 Cingular.. is this an older version? i just got a replacement phone sent because mine was freakin out.. send me a private message if possible.. otherwise just post another reply