Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I currently have the OS v4.2.0.69 (Platform 2.2.0.40) and see that it is not avaliable ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Which OS for the 8100

Advertisement

I currently have the OS v4.2.0.69 (Platform 2.2.0.40) and see that it is not avaliable for download from RIM (as of yet). The new OS that alot of people have downloaded is 4.2.0.67 (Platform 2.2.0.39). Does anyone know if the 67 version is better than the 69 version. I am wanting to unlock themes on my Pearl, etc. and do not want to install an OS over the one I have now if it is not going to be a better one. I have also read where battery life is better with the 67 version. I am currently seeing 2 to 2 1/2 days of battery life on mine right now and that is with medium usage. Does that sound normal. Thanks in advance.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: Which OS for the 8100

Hi Shadow,

.69 is newer than .67. .67 fixed many bugs and annoying things. I have not seen what .69 adds, probably some minor bugs. Your battery usage sounds about the same as mine. then again, we have the same OS version.

trigeeked no está en línea Stack level 1

New to the board with 8100. Have a mac and have downloaded Pocket mac. Will this set up allow me to download .64 or .67 or must any os download be done via windows. I really need some advice.

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Unfortunately I have NO experience with the mac, I would post a seperate question with the title "Can I update my OS with a MAC" or something like that to attract those MAC users.

PIN/ID
    242949a0

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will just hold out for the 69 release from RIM. Ya know how it is. You get a new toy and just want to be able to do everything with it immediately . I am worse than any child when they get a new toy .

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I take it you have the .67 OS? what provider are you on?

MickPick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E890D7

my battery life sucks, i have .67 on cingular and yesterday, after a full nights charge, i was down to 45% by 5pm...

PIN/ID
    242949a0

I have OS .69, with Cingular.

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

If you have .69 youhave the latest OS that I know of.

MickPick, did you use it a lot? according to the specs its about 3 1/2 hours talk time, not sure how that equals messaging, pin, browsing, etc.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by shadow63
    I am wanting to unlock themes on my Pearl
    Shadow,
    I also wanted to unlock themes. You can do it without updating the OS.
    First, download and install the .67 Pearl software, BUT DO NOT RUN THE APPLOADER.

Go to Program Files/Common Files/ Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files/8100 .... /Java and copy the .cod files for the themes you want to install to a new folder on your desktop. Note that some of the themes are built on others. If you want Vodafone Today, you have to also install the Vodafone Icone theme.

Then follow the instructions in this post, replacing file names and theme names where applicable: post:http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...html#post94574

Save the alx file to the same folder on your desktop where you copied the .cod files.

Now rename or delete the folder containing the OS, run apploader, select add, and add the alx file you just created. This will install the themes.

NOW, I'm waiting for the release of the .69 OS so I can delete unwanted preloaded themes like the crappy Cingular theme and the Zen theme (I use the Dimension Today Theme). Does anyone know whether it's possible to write an alx file that will remove certain modules and themes?

tee51397 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8FA80

I just tried this ^^^^^ and I get this error from the app loader: "no additional applications for your device were found." Any ideas as to what I did wrong? This error comes after I select the file.

trigeeked no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a way to update OS .64 on my 8100 using a Mac?

I'm a new member and new 8100 owner(-TMobile) in a Mac environment--have downloaded Pocket Mac for the 8100. Does this allow me to upgrade os to either .64 or .67?) Thanks

MrKorney no está en línea Stack level 2

trigeeked....you have to have a PC (sigh i know) to update the OS of your fone... anyone know maybe when .69 will be able to be d/l'ed??

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

I've only used the Cingular .69 OS, so it's hard for me to compare them. But the Cingular OS seems very stable and has few (actually only 1 that I've found) bugs. Since I got my free device memory to about 33 MB, it also runs very fast.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Just remember that each theme uses approx. 1/2 a meg of your memory.

I wanted to add that as I downloaded a few themes the other day to fool with and ended up deleting them as they used a lot of space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast