Hey guys hows it goin...im new here and have a quick question Ive been hearing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

brisk no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Which One?

Advertisement

Hey guys hows it goin...im new here and have a quick question

Ive been hearing a lot about the blackberry 8800 coming out in 2007 and how it is supposed to surpass the 8100. Now my question is, which one should i get? Should i just go for the pearl right now or wait a few months for the 8800? Will it be worth it? Is the pearl "as good as it gets?" Thanks in advance fellas.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Which One?

Nothing is ever as good as it gets.

Thats what great about business...Some company is always going to try and top another company, and a company is going to do everything it can to advance itself...You can't hustle backwards.

As far as should you get a pearl now or wait for the 8800, just depends on you I guess...

You could go get a pearl and try it for 2 weeks, and if not, take it back before the trial period ends...

Or if price isn't an issue, get the pearl, keep it until the 8800 comes out, get it unlocked, then sell the pearl...You should be able to get about 80% of the price of the 8800 for the pearl if it's unlocked...

Just my $0.02

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi brisk, welcome to pinstack. I agree with everything N8 said, especially about getting the pearl now, and if you dont like it return it or sell it.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are you already a BlackBerry veteran? Or would this purchase be your first BlackBerry?

Do you want a full qwerty keyboard, or do you want the compact form factor of the SureType?

What is your primary use for the BlackBerry going to be?

Those are just some questions the answers to which ought to help you with your decision.

Got more question? Ask away!

brisk no está en línea Stack level 1

It will be my first blackberry and i will be using it for personal use, not buisness whatsoever. The pearl looks amazing and perfect for me, but the 8800 looks great too.

PS: HOw much bigger will the new 8800 be than the 8100? Any specs out yet? Thanks...

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

The 8800 will have wifi which the Pearl does not.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

pakxelaos no está en línea Stack level 2

I think you may go get it and try it for your self. You have 14 days to return.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

the 8800 will not have a camera if im correct the camera BB will come out sometime next year so why not get the pearl and enjoy untill the camera version 8800 comes out
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

brisk, Welcome to PinStack

Only you can make this decision. How important is having a Blackberry Right now. Go to a TMO stroe and play with the the Pearl and an 8700. The 8800 will be slightly different from the 8700, but not by much, I don't think.

As to what the 8800 will or will not have, that is mostly speculation right now, except for what BoyGenius says and even that may change before it is actually released to the different carriers. There may even be two different versions, with different features.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles