I just got a BB Pearl Flip. Where do I find the Maps program. Also... ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Wizardrl no está en línea Stack level 2

Where's Maps

Advertisement

I just got a BB Pearl Flip. Where do I find the Maps program.

Also... I have a BB Curve. When I backup my 2 devices ....I want to keep them seperate... How do I do that?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Connect to Desktop Manager and check the box for the download - that's a good way to get it.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-15-2008 at 07:56 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Wizardrl no está en línea Stack level 2
    I did that but there are no 'programs' to check the box of.

See if there's a "home page" in your BB bookmarks - if so go there. That should be blackberry.com and maps should be in there somewhere. Sorry I can't give more info - I'm wap now and working from memory. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Desktop Manager differentiates each device by its PIN, wizard, so you don't need to worry about keeping the separate. When you do a backup, you can call it whatever you want and store it wherever you want on your PC by going into the Options section prior to the backup.

To restore BB Maps, you need to have the device OS downloaded and installed on your PC. Once you've done that, you should see the list of applications that you have or do not have loaded on your device. BB Maps should be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    ....................To restore BB Maps, you need to have the device OS downloaded and installed on your PC. Once you've done that, you should see the list of applications that you have or do not have loaded on your device. BB Maps should be one of them.
    Thanks for filling it the essential element that I left out, Roger. I was too quick to assume that the user had the OS installed when I made my comment above.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have installed BB Maps and I am not able to get the Icon to display either.
    There is a work around for the 8310 that works great but it does not work on the 8220. So mods, do you have any solutions for the 8220 that actually work? The standard stuff doesn't help.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

That must be an OS or 8220 issue. I couldn't even guess.

Any flip users out there have this issue and a solution?

Davidcm2112 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305671C6
    One thing I can think of is that if you are using the Precision Tmobile theme, the maps program will not show up as a seperate icon. You need to to open the applications folder and then you will see the maps icon.

If however, you are using the Precision Silver theme, the maps icon should appear in the main menu.

See if that helps.