Does anyone know wher I can buy a new Fascia housing cover case for the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

eddiehart no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

where to buy a housing case?

Advertisement

Does anyone know wher I can buy a new Fascia housing cover case for the pearl?

all the other blackberrys you can find them on ebay, but for some reason, nobody has one for the pearl.

all i find is a replacement battery back cover.

anyone?

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: where to buy a housing case?

http://www.bbrepairshop.com/Parts8100.html

that is bbrepairshop.com, ive never tried them but plenty on the stacks can attest to their reliability.

hope that helps!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Are you looking for the actualy body or the Lens?

The site linked above has the lens...there is a site that says it has the housing but the last stacker that bought from them got a totally different housing for some other phone. The company is located in China, so I'm not sure if you want to use them. If you do use them let us know how it goes. Since I would like to know if they are a good company to recommend or not.

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8100-p...01b5313d2e6f21

That is the site. Good luck

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

cnn has a bad rep, from a thread that was posted for me when i inquired about them here on the stacks. thank god i never used them.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...leplate_w.html

it says on bbrepair that if you email theyll help. just send an email over to them and im sure they'll be able to get you a full housing.

"if you do not see a part listed, please feel free to contact us to inquire
    about availability. Chances are we stock it, but not in good supply. If
    not, we can usually have the part in a few days."

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Does anyone have any theories as to why it's so impossible to find a stinking housing for the pearl?! I contacted bbrepair twice about getting just the front faceplate with the lens. The first time was in december, the second time was last month. Both times I was told that they will contact me when one becomes available. I have never been contacted. Why are ther parts for every other blackberry, but not the pearl? I thought at first it was just because it was new, but months have passed, new blackberrys have come out and their parts are available. It's maddening. Even my ebay searches come up dry. RIM's gotta have truckloads of these things lying around, why can't they make them available like the battery covers?

Wyld1 no está en línea Stack level 1

You can try here http://www.cellulardr.com/products.php?cat=224&pg=2
    I've not dealt with them but have heard of a few people that have had good experiences with them.

Of course that is just word on the grapevine so it could be wrong.

The faceplate with lens is on page one, that link is to page 2.

PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Thanks, Wyld1. Just ordered one from them, $50.56 with shipping. A bit steep, but I've been dealing with a freak accident nasty gouge in the screen of my pearl for about 10 months, so I'm pretty excited. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Got my part yesterday. It came well packaged and does look to be brand spanking new. However, the part is dark metallicy gray! It's quite a ways off from the shiny jet black of my phone. Is there a dark gray pearl out there somewhere? I've emailed the cellular dr. folks to find out what the deal is. Maybe it's aftermarket and not OEM. It's tempting to just use it so I can at last be rid of these gouges, but for fifty bucks it'd be really nice to have it at least look right...

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy
    Got my part yesterday. It came well packaged and does look to be brand spanking new. However, the part is dark metallicy gray! It's quite a ways off from the shiny jet black of my phone. Is there a dark gray pearl out there somewhere? I've emailed the cellular dr. folks to find out what the deal is. Maybe it's aftermarket and not OEM. It's tempting to just use it so I can at last be rid of these gouges, but for fifty bucks it'd be really nice to have it at least look right...
    Yes, the att version is slate gray (dark metallic gray). That's something they really should have put in the description. BTW...does it say 'blackberry' under the earpiece opening like it shows in the picture? I thought I read somewhere that it doesn't.

Wyld1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Glad you got your parts. As VeryBerry said the AT&T Pearls are a very dark metallic grey, almost black, but not quite.
    Last edited by Wyld1; 09-14-2007 at 10:41 PM.

PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

The Agony and the Ecstacy

I got an email back from the CellularDr guys saying that they have black ones and gray ones and that I could switch mine out but I would have to pay for shipping. I found that a bit irritating since they hadn't even bothered with a line on their site to the effect of, "please specify color". I just didn't realize that the cingular phones weren't totally black. I knew they had a dfifferent keyboard, not totally different plastic. I'm not asking for them to code their e-commerce site with a color-selection button, just a little line of text saying, "hey, by the way, there are options here." I emailed them a response to try and figure out how to start the process of getting the right part and didn't hear back for a while. Getting impatient, I just called them and they guy on the phone told me that black is out of stock for the forseeable future. I am welcome to return mine, I just won't be able to get anything back, plus I'll be out the shipping money. I asked them if there was a waiting list or something I could get on and he said that the parts were simply not available, nor did he think they ever would be. So I guess that explains why they didn't bother explaining the situation on the website. They only have one part to send!
    So I'm back at square one. An ugly scratched up facepiece and no idea where to get a new one. This lack of spare parts is one of my only complaints about this phone.

So far I give cellulardr.com a D+. If you've got a cingular phone that needs parts, the faceplates they have are good but pricey. And yes, they do have the blackberry logo on them. If you have a tmobile phone with a scratched screen like me, you are SOL.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

What is with the aftermarket support for the Pearl???
    I was looking for for a replacement lens for my Pearl; this is my experience:
    1st stop was ebay- found one for every model EXCEPT Pearl- they even had one for the 8700 at $3.99 plus shipping...
    I found that cnn site- they had every piece of the housing covered EXCEPT the lens- I even chatted with one of the reps- told me they'd email me when they're in and give it 10 days or so... it's been about a month and no word yet.
    I found it on that bbrepair site, but at $45 a pop- unshipped... the search continues....
    Found another parts dealer here on this site- don't remember the name, but it doesn't matter as they were asking $35- unshipped as well- so never mind.
    The price difference between the recommended sites and the people on ebay was just way too much... I decided to just learn to live with it... the phone ended up getting replaced anyway.